Thank you so much to Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie and Stephanie at Stephanie’s Novel Fiction for tagging me in this award! I felt very grateful to be tagged not just one, but twice in this super cute blog award! Jo-Ann and Steph both create such great content, so definitely give their blogs a look and a follow!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring – people who spread “sunshine” to the blogging world!
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
1. What is your ideal vacation?
I always jump to say somewhere beautiful like the Maldives, but honestly, my ideal vacation would be a trip to Orlando in late fall, when it’s cool out, with tickets to the Wizarding World and a very full wallet so I can bring home lots of goodies.
2. What do you love about yourself?
I’m good at solving problems!
3. What do you wish you could change about yourself?
I’m not very good at following through with things. If I had the kind of will-power I’d like to have, I’d be in great shape, with three completed novels, a huge savings account… you get the picture haha.
4. What book are you reading now?
I’m actually currently reading Final Girls, The Disappearances, Cinder, and Just Listen.
5. What keeps you blogging?
It’s a great creative outlet and I love the community.
6. You are having a relaxing evening. What are you doing?
Drinking spearmint black tea, snacking on something sweet, and reading.
7. Do you have pets?
I have two cats and a dog.
8. Favorite pizza toppings?
Extra cheese and pineapple.
9. Coffee, tea, wine, or other?
Coffee or tea. I don’t care for wine at all; I prefer liquor, but don’t drink it often because it upsets my stomach.
10. What is your favorite season?
Fall, hands down.
11. What is your favorite book genre?
1. Do you prefer to read a series or standalone?
If it’s contemporary, horror, or thriller: standalone. Everything else: series.
2. What is your favorite book quote of all time?
At risk of sounding cliche, I’ll go with my favorite from my teen years: “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
3. Tell us 3 random facts about you:
I’m a good cook, I’ve broken the same toe twice, and I love death metal.
4. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Moose tracks. Mmmm.
5. What is the one book that you would recommend everyone read before they die? Why?
The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle. It’s probably my all-time favorite standalone in life, and my favorite contemporary book, too. It’s a great story about a girl who befriends a mute teen at her school who refuses to interact with anyone or anything; she gradually gets through his shell and finds the trauma that caused him to shut down is pretty brutal. It’s just a really enjoyable, sad but heartwarming story that helped teach me at a young age that everyone really is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The creative outlet it offers me.
7. What is the most important thing you’ve learned about blogging that you think is important for new bloggers to know?
Don’t obsess over your stats. It’s easy to get caught up in it, but at the end of the day, it’s better to have 50 followers who enjoy your content and communicate with you, than to have 200 followers who never even read your posts.
8. What are your top five anticipated book releases for the rest of 2017?
Renegades, The Language of Thorns, They Both Die at the End, Daughter of the Burning City, and 27 Hours.
9. What do you think is the most underrated book that everyone should read?
See answer to #5: The Only Alien on the Planet.
10. Choose one book that you would like to completely forget because you thoroughly disliked it?
Divergent, honestly. I loved the first book, and hated the second and third ones, but the real reason I wish I could forget it is because it was the first series that ever made me anxious regarding series finales in books, and now every time a final book is being released for a series I enjoy, I get nervous that it’s going to disappoint me as much as Allegiant did.
11. What is your favorite book genre? Your least favorite?
My favorite is YA fantasy, and my least favorite is adult contemporary.
Romie @ Romie We Deserve Love
Elise @ The Bookish Actress
Dani @ Perspective of a Writer
Solomon @ The Bookish King
Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
Chelsea @ Lost Among the Pages
Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads
Eliza @ Dusk Angel Reads
Danielle @ Life of a Literary Nerd
Maram @ She Reads at Past Midnight
Ashley @ What’s She Reading
1. What was the last book you rated 1 star?
2. What was the last book you rated 5 stars?
3. What’s your favorite reading soundtrack, if any?
4. What’s your favorite place to read? (couch, bed, etc.)
5. What is your favorite musical artist/group this year?
6. What was the most difficult blog post you’ve written this year?
7. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
8. Do you put any faith in bestsellers lists like New York Times?
9. What is your favorite bookish community? (blogs, GR, twitter, etc.)
10. Are you a TBR planner or a mood reader?
11. Do you prefer short reviews or long, detailed ones?