Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s prompt was originally a throwback to your first ever T10T post; though the prompt has now been changed, I really loved the throwback idea, and my first ever T10T was my Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for the Second Half of 2017.
Before I give you guys my most anticipated list for the rest of this year, however, I wanted to give my updated thoughts on my list from last year!
MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS FOR THE SECOND HALF OF 2017: TAKE TWO!
1. Renegades — Marissa Meyer
DNFed @ 50%
2. The Language of Thorns — Leigh Bardugo
3. Hunting Prince Dracula — Kerri Maniscalco
4. A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares — Krystal Sutherland
5. Girls Made of Snow and Glass — Melissa Bashardoust
6. Daughter of the Burning City — Amanda Foody
7. They Both Die at the End — Adam Silvera
8. Amid Stars and Darkness — Chani Lynn Feener
9. The Ravenous — Amy Lukavics
10. Nyxia — Scott Reintgen
And now, on to this week’s list!
1. City of Ghosts — Victoria Schwab
This is the first in an upcoming MG paranormal/horror series!
2. Toil & Trouble — Tess Sharpe & Jessica Spotswood
A whole anthology about witchy women? Yes! I’m about halfway through my ARC of this one and loving it so far.
3. Summer Bird Blue — Akemi Dawn Bowman
I read this in June and adored every single heartbreaking, beautiful, diverse page of it. I should have a review coming up soon!
4. Wildcard — Marie Lu
I loved Warcross and have been so excited to see how the story ends!
5. Escaping From Houdini — Kerri Maniscalco
I also read this in June, and adored it. It was a smidge less delectable than book 2 for me, but still a solid 5-star read, and I’ll get a review up for this closer to its release date!
6. The Sisters of the Winter Wood — Rena Rossner
I can’t even describe how excited I am for this beautiful Jewish adult magical realism story. It’s based on old folklore and looks so promising!
7. Girls of Paper and Fire — Natasha Ngan
Give me all the queer Asian SFF, please!
8. Empire of Sand — Tasha Suri
2018 seems to be the year I’m finally getting excited about adult fantasy releases, because this is another one; it’s an own-voice Indian adult fantasy that sounds incredible, and I can’t wait to dig in!
9. Bedfellow — Jeremy C. Shipp
I loved The Atrocities, so I’ve been dying for more of Jeremy’s work! I’ve been craving a horror read, so I literally had to force myself not to crack this open the second my ARC arrived yesterday!
10. Dear Heartbreak — Heather Demetrios
This anthology has one of the coolest themes I’ve ever heard of: Heather asked teens worldwide to send in letters about the dark side of love (abuse, cheating, etc.), and then collected a bunch of YA authors to write stories about the letters. As an abuse survivor, stories about toxic relationships are incredibly cathartic for me, so I already know I have to get myself a copy of this one when it releases.
What late 2018 releases are you most excited for?