Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday post! This week’s theme is books with your favorite trope, so I decided to go with one of my favorite romance tropes: starcrossed lovers!
I love rooting for a couple who was never meant to be together, especially if it’s something grand-scale in their circumstances keeping them apart (like royals from warring nations, etc.).
10 of my favorite books with star-crossed lovers!
- Captive Prince // C.S. Pacat — like I said, royals from warring nations gets me every time. Add in the family drama… oof.
- Cemetery Boys // Aiden Thomas — I mean, gosh, Julian is a ghost. It doesn’t get much more doomed than that!
- Hate to Want You // Alisha Rai — I don’t hear this book get enough hype, but it’s such an angsty modern Romeo & Juliet retelling and the yearning is immaculate.
- Girl, Serpent, Thorn // Melissa Bashardoust — We have a Persian princess who isn’t able to touch anyone without poisoning them, and a demon the princess is supposed to hate. So good.
- The Hunger Games // Suzanne Collins — The Peeta shipping in this house has gone strong for too many years for me to not put this doomed-from-the-start couple on the list.
- Six of Crows // Leigh Bardugo — Maybe this one’s a stretch, but I think Nina and Matthias fit the theme.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo // Taylor Jenkins Reid — *cries forever*
- The Fault in Our Stars // John Green — I know, I KNOW, but I’m probably never going to let go of Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters.
- The Lunar Chronicles // Marissa Meyer — I kind of feel like all of these couples count to some degree or other? And while I still haven’t read Winter (for shame, I know), I really love all three of the couples I’ve met so far in this series.
- The Bone Season // Samantha Shannon — I didn’t think about adding this until the end of the list, and it was kind of a face-palm moment, because DUH, this series has one of my favorite star-crossed couples of all time? They’re so tragic and angsty!
What are some of your favorite romantic tropes?
Let me know in the comments, or drop a link to your T10T post for the week!
— destiny ♥