Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday post! This week’s theme is a freebie week, so I decided to go with 10 “right story, wrong time” books — books that I set aside because the timing was wrong, but I’m excited to pick back up and feel convinced I’ll love the next time around!
10 books that were the right story, at the wrong time!
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas — I originally started reading this the day it released, but it was right as I was falling into a HUGE slump and I decided to save it for a time I could better appreciate it!
- Strange the Dreamer // Laini Taylor — I first picked this up so long ago that I don’t remember why I didn’t finish it, because I know I got at least 20% or so in and really enjoyed that part of it! This is one of those books that has been on my mental “5 star predictions” list ever since I heard about it, and it still is!
- The Shadow of What Was Lost // James Islington — I’ve tried reading this 3 times, and each time I loved what I read, but it’s like it kind of broke my brain? And I finally realized the last time that it was probably because I was trying to listen to the audiobook, and I’ve realized that high fantasy books just rarely work well in audio for me! My mind tends to wander too much, so next time, I’m going with the print version!
- The Raven // Jonathan Janz — This was another casualty of the huge slump I had in 2020-2021, but you all already know how much I adore Jonathan’s books and I fully expect to adore this one, too.
- Winter // Marissa Meyer — I think I probably put this one down because I realized I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to the series! 😂 But I think Misty and I will buddy read it soon and I’m excited! I just need to re-read Cress first for a refresher.
- Lost Boy // Christina Henry — I LOVE Christina Henry’s books SO much, but when I first tried reading this, it triggered me pretty badly. My son was still an itty-bitty baby and I just couldn’t handle the way a certain character was treated by other characters. I still don’t think I’m quite ready for this, but hoping I will be in the next few years since my son has gotten a bit older!
- Wilder Girls // Rory Power — This book actually didn’t work so well for me, and is the only one that I DNFed with the intention (at the time) to NOT pick back up, but as time has gone on, I’m more intrigued by the premise and really want to try it again, especially since I loved Rory Power’s Burn Our Bodies Down so much.
- Capturing the Devil // Kerri Maniscalco — This, like Winter, is a book that I set down because I was NOT ready to say goodbye. I’m still not, honestly, but I’d like to read it some time this summer because I plan on binge reading the Kingdom trilogy when the 3rd book releases later this year, and I’d like to finish this series first!
- Gideon the Ninth // Tamsyn Muir — This was another book that I set aside because of a slump, but I LOVED the first few chapters of this so freaking much.
- Rosemary and Rue // Seanan McGuire — I’m actual trash for everything Seanan writes, but again, sometimes you just can’t fight a slump! I can’t wait to finally start this series soon.
What are some books you didn’t finish, but are excited to try again?
Let me know in the comments, or drop a link to your T10T post for the week!
— destiny ♥