Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday post! This week’s theme is Love Freebie, so I decided to go with…
10 fantasy romance books at the top of my TBR!
Technically, the last two on this list are usually categorized more as “fantasy” than “romance”, but I included them anyways because the romance is a primary focus!
- HER SOUL TO TAKE // Harley Laroux (on Kindle Unlimited) — a demon x demon hunter ship? Sign me up!
- RADIANCE // Grace Draven — I loved the only other Grace Draven book I read, and this romance between two characters of different species who think each other are hideous at first? I don’t know why, but something about that specific trope is really drawing me in, especially because I’ve seen firsthand how A+ Grace Draven is at reluctant pairings!
- WOLFSONG // T.J. Klune — I love Klune’s writing SO much, though I’m a little nervous about this shifter romance series because I’ve heard it’s going to absolutely break my heart a few times over.
- THE BEAST OF BLACKMOOR // Milla Vane — I’ve been wanting to start this series for a while, and I’ve heard the fantasy elements are really well-written, which is such a big bonus in fantasy romance if you ask me (because a lot of high fantasy romances have under-developed fantasy worlds IMO!).
- THE UNSEELIE PRINCE // Kathryn Ann Kingsley (on KU) — Obsessed with this cover, obsessed with cruel fae, and obsessed with this being marketed by the author as a “dark fantasy horror romance”!
- GILD // Raven Kennedy (on KU) — I know nothing about this except that it’s a King Midas retelling and the cover is stunning 😍
- LORE & LUST // Karla Nikole (on KU) — Angsty, whimsical, queer vampire love. Gimme.
- A LADY OF ROOKSGRAVE MANOR // Kathryn Moon (on KU) — I can’t remember for sure, but I don’t think I’ve ever read a reverse harem book, and I’d like this one to be my first since I keep hearing so many of my friends rave about it! I think the heroine romances a bunch of classic monsters? And I do love me some monster lovin’.
- A COURT OF SILVER FLAMES // Sarah J. Maas — I feel like we as a bookish community collectively struggle with whether this series is more fantasy or more romance, but whichever you class it as, it belongs in this list. I’m planning to start this book within the next day or two after putting it off way too long, and I’m so excited. ♥
- KINGDOM OF THE WICKED // Kerri Maniscalco — This is the only book I’m not 100% sure belongs in this list, because I don’t know how much the romance is the main focus, but if I’m guessing anything based on the SJTR series from this author, I feel like it counts? Oh well, this is my list and I do what I want, and what I want is to meet Wrath, prince of Hell, as soon as possible! 😂
Do you like fantasy romance? If so, what’s one on your TBR? Let me know in the comments, or drop a link to your T10T post for the week!
— destiny ♥
Looks like you rock this genre. Sarah Maas is certainly a favorite author. My TTT
Thank you! SJM is a favorite of mine for sure 🙂
I’ve been meaning to get to Radiance for a while but I keep forgetting. And I’d never heard of Lore & Lust before but that cover!!!!
Radiance sounds sooo good. And isn’t the Lore & Lust cover gorgeous?! The whole series has beautiful artwork on the covers!
I hope you love all of these books!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-helpful-nonfiction-books-about-relationships/
Thank you! I have a good feeling about all of them 🥰
Great list! I want to read more TJ Klune and have heard great things about this PNR series! I’ve also already got Gild lined up to read on my Kindle… Just need to finally pick it up 😂 I hope you enjoy these books!
Thank you! I hope you love Gild, it looks so good. 😀 TJ Klune is such a delight!! I can’t wait to read more of his books.
Most of them are new to me. Well, I never really got into fantasy book before. Maybe someday I should try..
Here is my TTT
If you try any of these, I hope you like them! I think fantasy/romance might be my favorite combo of genres. 🙂
Great list! Gild and Wolfsong are on my TBR! I want to see what all the hype is about with Gild! 🙂
My Top Ten
Thank you! I hope we both love Gild and Wolfsong when we get to them. 😀
Great list. There is a romance in the first book Kingdom of the Wicked but it’s way more prevalent in the second book.
Thanks, Misty! Ooooh, good to know! I’m so excited to read that series ♥
Oh I also really want to read Wolfsong!
I love the Witch in Wolf Wood series by Lindsay Buroker. Super addictive and a quick read.
Here’s my list today: https://speedyreadercom.wordpress.com/2022/02/08/challenge-book-review/
Ooooh, I’ll look that series up, thank you! 🙂
It sounds so good and I’ve loved everything I’ve read by TJ so far! I hope we both love it!
I don’t really read Fantasy Romances, but I do want to read Wolfsong. I’ve heard such good things about it. I hope you love all of these.
Wolfsong sounds soooo good! I hope you like it. 😀 Thank you!
I’m currently reading A Court of Thorns of Ruin for the first time, hoping I’ll like the series. Happy reading. My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/10-books-i-recently-added-to-my-tbr/
I hope you like it! That series truly has such a special place in my heart (especially book 2)! ♥
So many of these are on my TBR, especially Kathryn Ann Kingsley and Grace Daven. Great list!
Thank you! I’m so excited to read them all 🙂 I hope we both enjoy!
Kingdom of The Wicked does work as fantasy romance, though the romance isn’t as prevalent as in STJR.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/02/08/top-ten-tuesday-354/
Good to know, thank you! I’m so looking forward to reading the series 🙂
I hope you enjoy it!
I usually go for contemporary romances but I really want to give fantasy romances a chance. I was considering Gild and didn’t know it was on KU! Since it is, i’m getting it now haha.
Yay, I hope you like(d) it! I love fantasy romances and really need more of them in my life haha 🙂
[…] 10 fantasy romance books at the top of my TBR! [Top 10 Tuesday] & Weather Girl — Rachel Lynn Solomon (Destiny @ howlinglibraries) […]