Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday post! This week’s theme is Love Freebie, so I decided to go with…
10 fantasy romance books at the top of my TBR!
Technically, the last two on this list are usually categorized more as “fantasy” than “romance”, but I included them anyways because the romance is a primary focus!
- HER SOUL TO TAKE // Harley Laroux (on Kindle Unlimited) — a demon x demon hunter ship? Sign me up!
- RADIANCE // Grace Draven — I loved the only other Grace Draven book I read, and this romance between two characters of different species who think each other are hideous at first? I don’t know why, but something about that specific trope is really drawing me in, especially because I’ve seen firsthand how A+ Grace Draven is at reluctant pairings!
- WOLFSONG // T.J. Klune — I love Klune’s writing SO much, though I’m a little nervous about this shifter romance series because I’ve heard it’s going to absolutely break my heart a few times over.
- THE BEAST OF BLACKMOOR // Milla Vane — I’ve been wanting to start this series for a while, and I’ve heard the fantasy elements are really well-written, which is such a big bonus in fantasy romance if you ask me (because a lot of high fantasy romances have under-developed fantasy worlds IMO!).
- THE UNSEELIE PRINCE // Kathryn Ann Kingsley (on KU) — Obsessed with this cover, obsessed with cruel fae, and obsessed with this being marketed by the author as a “dark fantasy horror romance”!
- GILD // Raven Kennedy (on KU) — I know nothing about this except that it’s a King Midas retelling and the cover is stunning 😍
- LORE & LUST // Karla Nikole (on KU) — Angsty, whimsical, queer vampire love. Gimme.
- A LADY OF ROOKSGRAVE MANOR // Kathryn Moon (on KU) — I can’t remember for sure, but I don’t think I’ve ever read a reverse harem book, and I’d like this one to be my first since I keep hearing so many of my friends rave about it! I think the heroine romances a bunch of classic monsters? And I do love me some monster lovin’.
- A COURT OF SILVER FLAMES // Sarah J. Maas — I feel like we as a bookish community collectively struggle with whether this series is more fantasy or more romance, but whichever you class it as, it belongs in this list. I’m planning to start this book within the next day or two after putting it off way too long, and I’m so excited. ♥
- KINGDOM OF THE WICKED // Kerri Maniscalco — This is the only book I’m not 100% sure belongs in this list, because I don’t know how much the romance is the main focus, but if I’m guessing anything based on the SJTR series from this author, I feel like it counts? Oh well, this is my list and I do what I want, and what I want is to meet Wrath, prince of Hell, as soon as possible! 😂
Do you like fantasy romance? If so, what’s one on your TBR? Let me know in the comments, or drop a link to your T10T post for the week!
— destiny ♥