Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s theme was “outrageous things I’ve done for the love of books”, but you’ve all probably learned by now that I can’t bring myself to follow the set theme almost ever, so let’s talk about upcoming releases I’d do outrageous things for! Of course, I couldn’t narrow it down to JUST ten… So here are twenty, ordered by release date!
There are also a few upcoming releases I would have done outrageous things for, but luckily, already have, and I’ll give those a special shout-out at the end to make sure you’ve got ’em on your TBR. ?
- The Girl in Red — Christina Henry
- adult fantasy (Little Red Riding Hood retelling)
- June 18, 2019
- DEV1AT3 — Jay Kristoff
- YA sci-fi
- #2 in Lifelike series
- June 25, 2019
- Wicked Fox — Kat Cho
- YA fantasy (gumiho/Korean nine-tailed fox mythology retelling)
- #1 in Gumiho series
- June 25, 2019
- Echoes: The Saga Anthology of Ghost Stories — edited by Ellen Datlow
- adult horror anthologyincluding Seanan McGuire, Paul Tremblay, & more
- August 20, 2019
- His Hideous Heart — edited by Dahlia Adler
- YA horror anthology (Edgar Allan Poe retellings)including Rin Chupeco, Emily Lloyd-Jones, Kendare Blake, & more
- September 10, 2019
- The Bone Houses — Emily Lloyd-Jones
- YA fantasy/horror
- September 24, 2019
- Imaginary Friend — Stephen Chboskyadult horror/thriller
- October 1, 2019
- Hex Life: Wicked New Tales of Witchery — edited by Christopher Golden & Rachel Autumn Deeringadult paranormal/SFF anthology (witch stories)including Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, & more
- October 1, 2019
- Into the Crooked Place (no cover) — Alexandra ChristoYA fantasy
- #1 in Into the Crooked Place series
- October 8, 2019
- Call Down the Hawk — Maggie Stiefvater
- YA fantasy
- #1 in the Dreamer trilogy
- November 5, 2019
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown — Talia Hibbert
- adult contemporary romance
- #1 in new trilogy
- November 5, 2019
- Dragon Unleashed — Grace Draven
- adult fantasy/romance
- #2 in Fallen Empire series — companion to Phoenix Unbound
- November 12, 2019
- The Queen of Nothing — Holly Black
- YA fantasy
- #3 in The Folk of the Air trilogy
- January 7, 2020
- House of Earth and Blood (no cover) — Sarah J. Maas
- adult urban fantasy
- #1 in Crescent City series
- January 28, 2020
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken (no cover) — Brigid Kemmerer
- YA fantasy
- #2 in A Curse So Dark and Lonely series
- January 28, 2020
- Docile (no cover) — K.M. Szpara
- adult sci-fi
- “There is no consent under capitalism” ← what a tagline!
- March 3, 2020
- Empire of the Vampire (no cover) — Jay Kristoff
- adult fantasy
- #1 in Empire of the Vampire series
- September 3, 2020
- Vampires Never Get Old (no cover) — edited by Zoraida Cordova & Natalie C. Parker
- YA fantasy anthology (vampires)
- including Victoria Schwab, Tessa Gratton, Julie Murphy, & more
- September ??? 2020
- The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue (no cover) — V.E. Schwab
- adult fantasy standalone
- a 300-year-long love story between a French girl & the devil
- ??? 2020 ???
- untitled (no cover) — Sarah J. Maas
- new adult fantasy
- #4 in A Court of Thorns and Roses series
- ??? 2020 ???
These are upcoming releases I would’ve done outrageous things for, but thankfully, I didn’t have to. ? I can’t wait to read all of them — where to even begin?! (ordered by release date again)
- The Dark Game — Jonathan Janz — adult horror — April 11, 2019 (I’m currently reading this one and really enjoying it!)
- Aurora Rising — Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff — YA sci-fi — May 7, 2019 (I’ve already read this one and loved it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Middlegame — Seanan McGuire — adult fantasy — May 7, 2019
- The Bride Test — Helen Hoang — adult romance — May 7, 2019
- Hope and Other Punchlines — Julie Buxbaum — YA contemporary — May 7, 2019
- House of Skin — Jonathan Janz — adult horror — May 9, 2019
- Red, White & Royal Blue — Casey McQuiston — NA romance — May 14, 2019 (I ADORED this one! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- The Vanishing Season — Dot Hutchison — adult thriller — May 21, 2019
- Sorcery of Thorns — Margaret Rogerson — YA fantasy — June 4, 2019 (currently reading and loving this, too!)
- Hungry Hearts — YA anthology — June 18, 2019
- Silver in the Woods — Emily Tesh — adult fantasy — June 18, 2019
- Call it What You Want — Brigid Kemmerer — YA contemporary — June 25, 2019
- Growing Things and Other Stories — Paul Tremblay — adult horror short stories — July 2, 2019
- Wilder Girls — Rory Power — YA horror — July 9, 2019
- House of Salt and Sorrows — Erin A. Craig — YA gothic fantasy — August 6, 2019
- Darkdawn — Jay Kristoff — adult fantasy — September 3, 2019
- The Girl the Sea Gave Back — Adrienne Young — YA fantasy — September 3, 2019
- Gideon the Ninth — Tamsyn Muir — adult sci-fi — September 10, 2019
- The Babysitters Coven — Kate Williams — YA fantasy — September 17, 2019
- The Monster of Elendhaven — Jennifer Giesbrecht — adult fantasy/horror — September 24, 2019
Oh so much good here. Love the cover of Deviat3. Vampires Never Get Old sounds amazing!
Isn’t it great? And yeah, I can’t wait for Vampires Never Get Old! I’m ready to see vampires make a comeback in YA.
OH MY GOD WHAT IS THE BABYSITTERS COVEN?! *makes all the grabby hands* I NEEEEEED! But yes, I’m also excited for His Hideous Heart and The Bone Houses!
Hahaha right?! It sounds so fun! And I’m so stoked for HHH and The Bone Houses I can’t even stand myself.
OMG SO MANY GOODIES HERE!! Awesome picks, Destiny!
Thank you so much! 😀
I needs Call Down the Hawk. Why is it still so long away??? And I am super curious about The Wicked Fox too!
So far away. ? I heard that it’s been confirmed there will be some ARCs, but I bet they’ll be hard to get, especially since I don’t think they do eARCs of her books after the debacle with Blue Lily Lily Blue being so badly pirated as an eARC. They’ll probably just give them out at BookCon and make them unicorns that nobody wants to trade without getting a million high priority things in return. ??
Absolutely LOVE your twist on the prompt! I am also super excited for Queen of Nothing, The Bone Houses, Sorcery of Thorns, The Babysitters Coven, The Girl the Sea Gave Back and Middlegame. I really loved House of Salt and Sorrows!! I am also REALLY looking forward to Gravemaidens! Of course now I’m stalking your list for titles to add to my TBR!
Thank you! ? Oooh, Gravemaidens sounds cool, I haven’t decided yet if I’m requesting that one or not (I assume it’s the same one you’re talking about – YA release?).
Yes! I already requested it. But my philosophy on Netgalley is basically #yolo so… if you’re not sure then maybe wait to hear what a few people think first. Lol
LMAO that tends to be my usual MO on Netgalley, too. ??? “eh, if I hate it, I’ll just DNF it” is proooobably not *the* healthiest take on ARCs, but… ?♀️ I am what I am and so on? bahaha. I hope you get approved!
LOL I am terrible. When I first got a Netgalley account I thought it was more like an online library. I have been working on my request ratio ever since then.
Yes to Queen of Nothing and Wicked Fox! Some of these are new to me!
Yay! ? I hope I helped grow your TBR a bit haha!
What a list! So many pretty books. 🙂
Thanks! I know, we’re really getting blessed with these covers lately lol!
I’m currently reading Red, White & Royal Blue and LOVING it! The Dark Game was awesome and I need Darkdawn to come out today so that I can finally pick up that series.
RW&RB is soooo goooood! And I’m loving The Dark Game so far. I was hoping to finish it today but just didn’t have the time, so hopefully tomorrow – I wanna try to post a review when it comes out later this week!
Ooh yes, I would definitely do outrageous things if I could get Call Down The Hawk and The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue early!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/09/top-ten-tuesday-206/
Right?! At least Call Down the Hawk is coming out this year, but Addie La Rue… sigh. I’m just crossing my fingers that it really does release in 2020! ♥
Yes, though November does feel very far away! Oh me too, I know she’s been having a hard time with it. Thankfully I have a lot of Schwab books to catch up on before it releases.
I hope you love all of these books. Docile sounds particularly interesting.
Thank you! Oh man, Docile sounds SO GOOD. I’ve been following the author on twitter for a while and they just have such a great social media presence, too, so it makes me even more excited.
SO. MANY. GOOD. BOOKS. And Wicked Fox is the first Korea-based YA fantasy book I’ve ever seen (in mainstream publishing, anyway), so you BET I’d do outrageous things to get my hands on it. 😀
Heck yeah! 🙂 It’s so exciting!
I don’t know more than half of the books you mentioned in this post! It’s also amazing that you’ve read so many new releases already because my TBR is perpetually crushing me ??
Haha awww! ? Well, I hope I helped make that TBR even more ginormous ?
Hex Life and Get a Life Chloe Brown look great! I love your list today, my TBR might just cry.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
Haha, thank you!! Hex Life is one that I seriously am going to have to BEG for an ARC of when the release dates gets closer because it sounds so perfect!! Same for Get a Life, Chloe Brown, of course – I’m on the author’s ARC team, so I’m hoping maybe she’ll be able to pull some strings haha!
Is there a reason you used kitsune (a Japanese term) to describe Wicked Fox, which has Korean MCs and a Korean author? Using the term “gumiho” is the same thing and works as it’s the Korean term for the nine-tailed fox mythology.
I’m so sorry! It’s what I had seen it marketed as on twitter a few months back and I honestly didn’t even think twice, but I absolutely should have. I’m going to fix that right now. Thank you so much for pointing this out ♥️
Ah, okay! I didn’t know if the publisher or the author herself had marketed it that way.
I think it might have been one of those bookstore blogs like B&N. I don’t think it was the author!
I apologize if this comes off as nit-picky, Destiny. Not my intention as I know some people might be more familiar with the word “kitsune” rather than “gumiho.”
YES QUEEN OF NOTHING AHH the ending of Wicked King destroyed me omg. And ahhh I’m so jealous you got to read Red White and Blue! I’m glad you loved it, I absolutely can’t wait to read it ? This was a great list! I have so many more books on my TBR now omg. ?❤️
The end of TWK was literally one of the most traumatizing moments of my life as a reader and I LOVED IT. ? And I hope you get to read RW&RB as soon as possible because it was incredible!! ♥ Thank you, lovely!
So many books have been added to the TBR ?
Yessss, success haha!
This was a good twist on the prompt, gotta make it your own thing! 😀 You’ve piqued my interest in Hex Life, I just don’t know what to do with the year 2020. Lol. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to what you find to be awesome from this list.
Thank you! 🙂 Hex Life sounds so good, haha. Oh, I know – it’s freaking me out a little bit because every time I see 2020 on something, I think it feels so far away, and then I realize it’s less than a year away and I’m like, “How?!” Lol. Thank you!
When you put it like that – less than a year away – oh my gosh…
The Hideous Heart sounds so good. Also, how did I not know Stephen Chbosky was coming out with a new release!? Great list!
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian
Thank you! 😀 Yes, his first new book in TWENTY FREAKING YEARS!! Can you believe it?! I’m so excited. I can’t believe he’s straying so far away from what made him famous but I’m very excited to see what he does with it.
[…] Ten Tuesday just because the prompts can be kind of unappealing to me but I saw my girl Destiny @ Howling Libraries do a master post of her anticipated releases she would do crazy things for so I decided to be a […]
I love coming to your posts just to find new things to add to my TBR ? Wicked Fox looks so good! (Am I judging this solely on the cover? Yes. But I still stand by my statement).
Bahahaha, yay! Success! And yeah, that Wicked Fox cover has me like ?????
I hope you get some of these without doing anything too crazy! 😉
Hahaha thank you! <3
[…] Destiny at Howling Libraries […]
This keeps making me think of the invader zim gif: I have a mighty need! 😛 So many books, especially the bone houses. I NEED that one so badly 🙂
LMAO. I literally quote that to my family on a weekly basis ??? Ugh, same! Crossing my fingers for us both!!
LOL totally 🙂 some kids will never know how awesome invader zim was lol
The Bone Houses look great, I can’t wait to read it!
It really does! Did you happen to read her last book, The Hearts We Sold? I LOVED it!
Ahh they are written by the same author? I have it on my TBR (I love story about devils!) but haven’t read it yet… sounds like the push I need to finally read it!
Yes, they are! It’s so good and I really recommend it!
So many good books on this list! So many that I have to wait until 2020 for!
I knoooowww! How are we going to wait?! ?
SO MANY BOOKS COMING OUT. I’m feeling weak!! I’m drooling!! I’m, dare I say, flailing around like a terrible dancer who’s had far too much coffee today. Which is probably more accurate and factual than it is me babbling in fantasy. ANYWAYS, how am I only just now hearing about His Hideous Heart? Where have I been?
Bahahah, seriously though, I relate to this so much. And His Hideous Heart has not gotten NEARLY enough hype! I’m not sure why it’s gotten pretty much no marketing, aside from the fact that YA anthologies just typically don’t do well in general. 🙁
This list just made my little blogger heart tremble! There are so many wonderful books coming out, I don’t know which one to focus on! The Bone Houses, and The Girl in Red look so good :O I’m also excited to see a new book from Stephen Chbosky.
I knooowww! They’re all gonna be so good and my wallet and TBR are just crying. ??
I would do outrageous things for the next Folk in the Air, even though I haven’t read book two yet.
YOU HAVE TO READ BOOK 2!!! Oh my god it’s so good haha!
So I am behind on.. well life… but thank you for still destroying my TBR that I will never have time for (thanks to attempting real life, offline things).
Bahahaha I feel this so hard!
I WOULD DEFINITELY GIVE A QUARTER OF MY SOUL FOR HIS HIDEOUS HEART AND CALL DOWN THE HAWK. 10/10 authentic blog post title lol. I definitely DID NOT KNOW that Christina Henry is coming out with yet another retelling — and it’s Red Riding Hood??? This absolutely made my dayyyyy. I’m so stoked for it now! c:
Hahaha thank you! Yessss! Oh and yes, the new Christina Henry release sounds SO good!! <3
[…] Upcoming Releases I’d Do Outrageous Things For (meme/book list) […]
[…] Upcoming Releases I’d Do Outrageous Things For […]