The Weekly Wrap is a new post I’ll be doing every week where we’ll talk about current reads, recently finished reads, what I’m listening to, games I’m playing, movies I’m watching, and general life stuff. ♥ If you’re a fan of my past WWW Wednesday & The Sunday Post updates, you’ll love this combination of the two!
on the blog:
|last week:||this week:|
|✨ romance authors on my TBR||✨ REVIEW: the twisted ones
✨ REVIEW: silver in the wood
✨ recent TBR additions
latest video uploads:
(click the thumbnails to watch!)
- Seven Deadly Shadows
- Bent Heavens
- A Princess in Theory
- The Shadow of What Was Lost
- Dear Laura
Another slow week. If I want to finish the 29 books in 29 days goal, I’ll have to read 22 books in the next… 10 days? HA. I will say, though, that I’m in the mood to binge a bunch of novellas, so… we’ll see.
- The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Cracked Up to Be ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
Like I said, I’m in the mood for quick reads! I’d love to catch up on a couple of buddy reads I haven’t finished yet, but I also checked out some new stuff from Kindle Unlimited today that I want to read this week.
- Let’s Talk About Love (Feb group read, 288pg)
- Geekerella (overdue contemp-a-thon pick, 10hr audiobook – I think I can listen to this at 2x or higher so it should be easy to knock out!)
- Pet (overdue BR with Bee, 208pg)
- Midnight Snack (46pg)
- The Loner’s Lady (60pg)
- The Possession of Natalie Glasgow (66pg)
- Midlisters (69pg)
- Beauty in Spring (91pg)
- Siphon (112pg)
- The Grief Frequency (30pg)
new review arrivals:
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown
- Clap When You Land
- Not Your Idol, Vol. 1
- Fury Unleashed
- print arcs:
- Aster and the Accidental Magic (unsolicited)
- A Witch in Time (unsolicited)
- The Age of Witches (unsolicited)
- The Fourth Whore
- audio arcs:
The bad news is that I hauled 8 review copies this week, but the good news is that 3 were unsolicited, so I don’t have to prioritize those, and all of the rest of this week’s additions should be quick reads.
what I watched:
🎥 Another week of not really watching anything.
what I’m listening to:
🎵 Flora Cash, 24/7.
what I’m playing:
🎮 Mystery Case Files — 13th Skull 🔁 (I haven’t played an MCF game since I was a young teen, but I used to LOVE these! It was pretty fun to revisit.)
Another week of minimal reading, gaming, viewing, or doing anything particularly exciting or noteworthy. I think my seasonal depression is really messing with me lately, plus my anxiety went through the roof for a few days (but it’s settled again a bit now, thankfully). I also realized a couple of days ago that I think my intense devotion to my #ARCApocalypse goals are why I’ve had such a hard time reading the past few weeks, so I made an announcement on twitter that I’m ditching my “no overdue ARCs after 2020” goal and have de-prioritized pretty much all of my overdue titles. I still hope to get to them sooner or later but I can’t keep stressing over them because it’s just making this whole thing feel like a chore instead of a passion, and that’s not okay.
goals for the coming week:
Update on last week’s goals:
- Write reviews for at least 20 of the books on my “RTC” (review to come) shelf on goodreads
- ❌❌❌❌❌ Still nope. I really thought I’d knock this one out this week, no problem. 🙁
- Re-do all of my booktube thumbnails with a new thumbnail style
- ✅ I did this and I LOVE how my new thumbnails look! They’re really simple but I’m proud. <3
- Catch up on blog hopping
- ❌ I made a little progress but didn’t complete this goal yet.
This week’s new goals:
- (carrying over) Write reviews for 20+ RTCs
- (carrying over) Catch up on blog hopping
- Finish one book every day (even if they’re novellas, I think I just primarily need to get back into the habit of daily reading)
a few last words:
— destiny ♥
twitter | booktube | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads