Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday post! This week’s theme is “books I was SO excited to get, but still haven’t read yet” and I already did a list a few months ago of 2021 releases I haven’t read yet, so I decided to take it back another year and make this list 2020 releases I haven’t read yet! These are all books that I was really anticipating before their release dates.
10 releases from 2020 that I can’t believe I haven’t read yet:
- Kingdom of the Wicked // Kerri Maniscalco → I love the Stalking Jack the Ripper series, so I was REALLY pumped for this book! Now I’ve decided to save it and binge the trilogy when book 3 releases this fall.
- Spoiler Alert // Olivia Dade → Not gonna lie, I’m still hella excited for this adorable-sounding geeky romance book with fat rep.
- The Ghost Tree // Christina Henry → This is the only book I’m including that I did technically start and read a good chunk of (about 30%), but I hit a horrible slump and set it aside.
- The Bone Shard Daughter // Andrea Stewart → I LOVE books about magic that requires elements like bones, blood, etc., and I still wanna read this so badly.
- Drowned Country // Emily Tesh → This is one of those sequels that I haven’t read only because I loved the first book so much that I’m a little scared to see how it ends, lol.
- The Only Good Indians // Stephen Graham Jones → I’ve read the first 1-2 chapters of this twice and set it aside both times, because it does have some heavy elements I wasn’t in the right headspace for, but I’m still so excited to read it, especially given how much I’ve adored all the SGJ short stories I’ve read!
- Survivor Song // Paul Tremblay → I have a VERY good reason for having not read this yet, which is that I couldn’t handle anything pandemic-related AT ALL in my books until the last few months, but I think I’m ready for it!
- Final Cuts // Ellen Datlow → An entire anthology of short stories inspired by horror movies! HOW on earth have I, the horror film addict that I am, not read this yet?!
- The Switch // Beth O’Leary → I adored The Flatshare, and I think I’m a little nervous to read more of Beth’s books because I’m worried I won’t love them as much.
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires // Grady Hendrix → I have literally NO excuse. I had an ARC, I have a finished copy, I adore this author and everything about this premise… what am I waiting for??
What author has been on your TBR way too long? Have you read any of the authors in my list?
Let me know in the comments, or drop a link to your T10T post for the week!
— destiny ♥