Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s been over a year since my last Top Ten Tuesday post, and I’ve really been missing writing these! I don’t think I’ll return to participating every single week, but I’ll definitely be joining in for the themes that speak to me the most — and as someone who didn’t read almost any of my most anticipated releases last year, I had to join in for this week’s prompt!
I decided to pick 10 books that I was REALLY anticipating the release of in 2021 and am genuinely shocked I haven’t read yet!
1. A Court of Silver Flames — I couldn’t possibly NOT start this list with what was my most anticipated release of 2021: the newest installment in the ACOTAR series!
2. Vespertine — Another book from an author I already love so much, and fully thought I would’ve read during 2021.
3. The Mask Falling — The funny thing about the latest book in The Bone Season series, is that I actually DID start reading this, and set it aside due to a slump. I almost didn’t include it in the list for that reason, but given that I’m bummed I haven’t picked it back up yet, I think it counts!
4. Rise to the Sun — Leah Johnson’s debut You Should See Me in a Crown was one of my favorite reads of 2020 and a new all-time favorite YA romance, so I was really eager to check this out until I heard a LOT of my friends who loved YSSMIAC say this was a huge letdown, and it put a big damper on my excitement. I still plan on reading it soon, though!
5. Queen of Teeth — I have no good reason at all for why I haven’t read this yet, given that: 1) I pre-ordered a copy, 2) I love the synopsis, and 3) Hailey is a delight and I adore her writing!
6. Empire of the Vampire — I feel like I waited so long for this book, yet I haven’t read it yet! A little spoiler for an upcoming TBR, though, is that I’m planning on reading this VERY soon. 👀
7. Dark Rise — Another one from an author I already know I love.
8. In Darkness, Delight: Fear the Future — I’m a tremendous fan of horror/sci-fi crossover stories, so an entire anthology fitting that theme is one I should have read by now, and hopefully will VERY soon!
9. We Are the Ashes, We Are the Fire — Blood Water Paint by this author was one of the most impactful books I’ve ever read in my life. I think a part of me is just nervous that I won’t love this one as much as I loved that book!
10. Horseman — I literally did that whole covers-mouth-with-hands-and-screams-a-little thing when I saw the announcement for this book, because I love the story of Sleepy Hollow so much and I LOVE Christina Henry’s retellings, so HOW have I not devoured this book already?!
What are some of the 2021 releases you meant to read, but didn’t get to? Let me know in the comments, or drop a link to your T10T post for the week!
— destiny ♥