It’s time for a weekly check-in!
Happy New Year, friends! I hope you’re all having a wonderful start to 2023. 🥰 Not much to say this week, so I’ll try to be more interesting next time. 😂 I’m writing this post on Wednesday evening because today (Thursday), we’re finally going on our rescheduled family day trip that got canceled back in December!
I’ve been chipping away at multiple current reads, but also, I’m always a bit slow with my reading in January, so this was a quiet reading week! After the holiday mayhem, I usually take a week or two in January to relax and play video games more than anything else. 🥰
The United States of Cryptids was absolutely delightful and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who loves cryptids or wants to learn more about them! On the other hand, “You Just Need to Lose Weight” is a book that I recommend for people looking to learn how to fight anti-fatness, but it wasn’t for me (you can read my DNF “review” on Goodreads here).
- The United States of Cryptids // J.W. Ocker ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- “You Just Need to Lose Weight” and 19 Other Myths About Fat People // Aubrey Gordon ❌DNF❌
Since one of my 2023 goals is to read 6 or less books concurrently, I’ll keep using this section to show all of my current reads until I can get down to that number (and maybe afterward, too, since having the limit would make this section shorter again lol).
📚 current reads 📚
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 71%
- Wolfsong // T.J. Klune → 42%
- Kingdom of the Cursed // Kerri Maniscalco → 23%
- Empire of the Vampire // Jay Kristoff → 4%
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires // Grady Hendrix → 35%
- Alice // Christina Henry → 23%
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher → 16%
- In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night // Andrew Lennon & Evans Light → 43%
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 15%
- Book Lovers // Emily Henry → 47%
- The Assassin’s Blade (RE-READ) // Sarah J. Maas → 27%
- War // Laura Thalassa → 21%
📚 total current reads: 12 📚
Last night we started watching Easy Bake Battle on Netflix (mostly because it’s hosted by Antoni from Queer Eye, and I adore him), and it’s so much fun! I love cooking competitions anyways, but this is probably a new forever favorite!
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥