It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I’m just now realizing this is my first “weekly” check-in post of February… and it’s February 23rd??? Oy 😂
This month has been a doozy! As many of you know, we’ve been doing nonstop home renovations for the past 6 weeks, and when I say nonstop, I mean it has literally been a daily process. We remodeled our entire dining room (walls, floors, etc.), replaced our kitchen flooring, painted the whole house, and remodeled my library and both of our spare rooms. It’s been a lot, but it’s been SO rewarding! My spouse keeps picking on me because I haven’t taken a breather throughout the process, but I got really hyper-fixated and couldn’t rest until it was all done. At the time I’m writing this (on Wednesday night), I just finished painting the library, and now all that’s left is some trim work in there and the dining room, and then I’m planning on forcing myself to take a break for a few weeks before tackling the master bathroom. I’ll hopefully have some pretty new library photos ready by the time I post my February recap!
I had a bit of a slump for most of February, but I’ve been reading like a fiend the past few days to make up for it!
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck // Mark Manson → ❌DNF❌
- 100 Ways Your Two-Year-Old Can Hurt You // Chen Weng → ⭐⭐💫
- When Sharks Attack with Kindness // Andres J. Colmenares → ⭐⭐⭐💫
- Everything is OK // Debbie Tung → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Housecat Trouble: Lost and Found // Mason Dickerson → ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun // Elle Cosimano → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Declutter Like a Mother // Allie Casazza → ⭐
- Death // Laura Thalassa → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Tell Me I’m Worthless // Alison Rumfitt → ⭐
- My Life Among Humans // Jed M. McGowan → ⭐⭐⭐
- Why Are You Like This? // Meg Adams → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Some time in early February, I took a long hard look at my current reads and realized that a few of them were just not hitting it for me right now and needed to be put “on hold” for a while, so you’ll notice this list (finally) looks a bit different.
📚 current reads 📚
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 71%
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires // Grady Hendrix → 35%
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher → 16%
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 15%
- Book Lovers // Emily Henry → 47%
- The Assassin’s Blade (RE-READ) // Sarah J. Maas → 66%
- From Blood and Ash // Jennifer L. Armentrout → 15%
- The Exorcist’s House // Nick Roberts → 12%
- What Lies in the Woods // Kate Alice Marshall → 40%
- Haunted Healthcare // Richard Estep → 20%
- Godkiller // Hannah Kaner → 9%
- Scream and Scream Again! // R.L. Stine → 17%
I honestly haven’t watched or played anything lately except mobile games, so I sadly have nothing exciting to report here!
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥
I cant wait to see your new library!
I mean I can understand why you haven’t done a weekly check-in for a while! I hope the renovations are going well. You’ve been reading a lot and I hope they end up going well for you <3
i hope your home feels extra cozy + happy soon! <3 and then just all the enjoying it + the pretty library, hehe! sending you guys love + let me know if you wanna buddy read swordheart in march if i can catch up with you! <3
I’m so excited to see photos!