It’s time for a weekly check-in!
Last week was pretty intense, but thankfully, this week has been MUCH calmer! My mom is healing up nicely from her hysterectomy, Isaac had his first eye exam yesterday and it went great, and we set up a little doggy pool outside for the ducks that they are having so much fun with. It’s so cute to sit outside and watch them swim and dart around, and I’ve even been throwing fruit into the water for them to “dive” for, which is SO much fun to watch. 😍
It doesn’t look like I’ve read a lot this week, but that Empire of Storms audiobook was LONG! 🤣 I’ve been enjoying the series even more the second time around, though I’m very nervous that there’s only one more book between Misty and me and the finale! 😭 It’ll be my first time reading KoA after putting it off since its release and I’m scared, hold me
I’ve decided to take the rest of this week and do my best to knock out as many of these as possible so I can spend the last week of April trying to finish up what’s left on my April TBR—wish me luck!
📚 current reads 📚
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 71%
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher → 16%
- From Blood and Ash // Jennifer L. Armentrout → 15%
- The Exorcist’s House // Nick Roberts → 12%
- Haunted Healthcare // Richard Estep → 58%
- Godkiller // Hannah Kaner → 9%
- Churn the Soil // Steve Stred → 10%
- Silent Dawn // C.L. Raven → 22%
- Do I Have to Wear Black? // Mortellus → 7%
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 15%
- Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women // Lee Murray & Geneve Flynn → 22%
- The Fragile Threads of Power // V.E. Schwab → 11%
- Pretty Marys All in a Row // Gwendolyn Kiste → 20%
I’ve been playing a lot of House Flipper this past week with the new Farm DLC, and it’s so much fun, though a little glitchy! I can’t wait for some of the bugs to be worked out so I can go back and 100% the jobs that weren’t working perfectly at first. I think this is my 2nd favorite DLC pack so far (with my first favorite being the Pets DLC).
We also started watching SPYxFAMILY this week, FINALLY! I’ve been reading the manga for a while and keep meaning to check out the anime. We’re a few episodes in and it’s SO CUTE! Isaac is absolutely obsessed with Anya, which makes perfect sense because they have very similar chaotic energy. 🤣
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥