It’s time for a weekly check-in!
Not much to report this week. April’s coming to a close, it’s raining outside, we got a very comfy new couch that I’m obsessed with, and all I want to do is curl up on it and read all day! 😍
It’s been another week where most of my reading was just listening to audiobooks of current reads here and there, but I did binge read almost all of A House with Good Bones in one sitting, which was the most I’d been sucked into a physical read in a while, and it made me hopeful that maybe I’m getting out of my “audiobooks only, all other formats need not apply” slump 😬
- Haunted Healthcare // Richard Estep ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A House with Good Bones // T. Kingfisher ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Silent Dawn // C.L. Raven ❌ DNF ❌
I finally caved and took a few books off of this list and put them back onto my TBR, not due to lack of interest, but because all 3 were books that I started months ago and only read 10-15% of before setting aside long enough to forget what has happened. 🙃 I’d rather just restart those books than try to pick up where I left off. (For anyone curious, the books I put back on my TBR were The Exorcist’s House, Churn the Soil, and Godkiller — all 3 are still VERY high on my TBR!)
📚 current reads 📚
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 71%
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher → 16%
- From Blood and Ash // Jennifer L. Armentrout → 15%
- Do I Have to Wear Black? // Mortellus → 7%
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 47%
- Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women // Lee Murray & Geneve Flynn → 22%
- The Fragile Threads of Power // V.E. Schwab → 11%
- Pretty Marys All in a Row // Gwendolyn Kiste → 20%
- Tower of Dawn // Sarah J. Maas → 56% (re-read)
- Daughters Unto Devils // Amy Lukavics → 30%
I seem to be getting out of my gaming slump and spent a LOT of time over the past few days playing Ravenous Devils, which is basically a restaurant time management game based on Sweeney Todd. 😂 You have to kill the people, cut them up, and cook them, and it’s morbidly delightful.
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥
I’m currently re-reading Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret – Getting ready to see the movie next week!
I’m currently reading Hidden Pictures. I’m enjoying it so far.
I’ve never heard of Haunted Healthcare but I’m very invested. I’m going to have to check that out. Also, love to see you playing Ravenous Devils. I solely picked it up because it was just like Sweeney Todd. I actually randomly played it the other day cause I saw you added it to your wish list.