It’s time for a weekly check-in!
It’s been a nice week full of lots of reading, outdoorsy family time, and gaming! I’ve been on an audiobook-while-gaming kick lately and it’s doing wonders for my mental health and my reading goals 😂
I spent a lot of time reading this week, as you can see, and they were mostly really enjoyable reads!
- Daughters Unto Devils // Amy Lukavics ⭐⭐⭐
- Pretty Marys All in a Row // Gwendolyn Kiste ⭐⭐⭐
- Tower of Dawn // Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (re-read)
- The Raven // Jonathan Janz ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Heart and Brain: Onward to Good Things! // Nick Seluk/The Awkward Yeti ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hannah-Beast // Jennifer McMahon ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I mentioned in last week’s post that I had moved a few things back to my TBR, and after posting that, I decided to move a few more things back to my TBR that I knew I just wasn’t in the mood for right now (with the exception of House of Earth and Blood, which I’m in the mood for but I want to restart, and since Misty hasn’t read it yet, we’ve decided to read it together soon!). Having this list down to such a smaller number than it was a few weeks ago has me feeling so relieved, as silly as that may sound 😅
📚 current reads 📚
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher → 16%
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 47%
- Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women // Lee Murray & Geneve Flynn → 22%
- The Fragile Threads of Power // V.E. Schwab → 11%
- Kingdom of Ash // Sarah J. Maas → 42%
- Dracula Daily // Matthew Kirkland & Bram Stoker → 4%
My #1 gaming choice this week has been Wylde Flowers! I started playing it a few months ago, but didn’t get very far into it because of the gaming slump I’ve been in, so I restarted it a few days ago and have been really enjoying it. It’s a really cute, very queer little witchy farm sim!
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥
Wylde Flowers is one of my favorite games. I’ve finished it started another game right after lol
Ive been so hyped for wilde flowers, and yet haven’t started it yet 😂 i’ve been back to obsessively play the old hyrule warrior legends on 3ds.
I really should do audiobook & gaming! But I find it quite hard to find one- as im picky with voices 😬 (doesnt help when you dont know what to read either xd)
I’m looking forward to all of our buddy reads. As you know I’m read Kingdom of Ash because we are buddy reading it together but I’m also trying to finish up Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo and I’m slowly making my way through Does it Hurt by H.D. Carlton.
I’ve recently been playing a lot of Stardew Valley. I am a little obsessed. I recently listened to Polaris Rising and Aurora Blazing by Jessie Mihalik on audio and loved them both! Now onto the third book in the series 😀