It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I’ve been doing “WWW Wednesday” posts for a while, but posting it on a specific day every week doesn’t always work for me, and I wanted to switch things up a little, so I’m changing these over to a “weekly check-in” where I’ll talk about what I’m reading, what I’ve finished reading lately, a little life update, and maybe some other non-bookish stuff like movies I’ve watched or games I’m playing a lot of! (It also gave me a good excuse to play around with a new graphic art pack I bought!)
This hasn’t been a bad week so far, though my sleep schedule is still pretty messed up! We found out yesterday that my spouse’s work schedule will be changing in the next couple of months to an earlier shift, and that’s definitely going to help me get back on track, because my sleeping-in habits are mostly due to how late our family stays up with my spouse’s current schedule (they work 3pm-midnight right now). We’ve been spending a lot of time in our backyard above-ground pool this week since it’s been so hot already, plus one of my favorite games got a new DLC release and a very sweet friend (I love you, Malli!) gifted it to me, so between the outside playtime and the video game sessions, I haven’t read much over the past week! That’s okay, though, because a new round of the Unexpected Readathon starts this weekend and I’m hoping to really devote some serious time to finishing some current reads!
This is the first time this has happened in a long time, but I haven’t finished anything since last week’s post! 😬
… sigh. No comment. 😂
- the shadow of the gods // john gwynne → 14%, last updated May 3
- vespertine // margaret rogerson → 20%, last updated Feb 12
- a court of silver flames // sarah j. maas → 6%, last updated March 2
- in darkness, delight: fear the future // andrew lennon & evans light → 59%, last updated May 2
- delilah green doesn’t care // ashley herring blake → 15%, last updated May 1
- queen of teeth // hailey piper → 8%, last updated May 2
- furiously happy // jenny lawson → 34%, last updated May 18
- hide // kiersten white → 5%, last updated May 9
- her soul for revenge // harley laroux → 18%, last updated May 14
- diet riot: a fatterpunk anthology // nico bell & sonora taylor → 46%, last updated May 17
As I mentioned earlier in this post, one of my favorite games (House Flipper) got a new Pets DLC, and I’m obsessed. Not only do you get to flip houses to be pet-friendly, like creating dog rooms and stuff, but you also get to adopt your own pets?! So far I just have the first pet you get, which is a dog (I won’t be more specific to avoid spoilers for other HF fans lol), but it’s so freaking cute and I love that you get to play with, pet, bathe, etc. the animals. I need to work today and all I want to do is put on an audiobook and play House Flipper! 😭
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥