It’s time for a weekly check-in!
This week has been a bit stressful, honestly, but I’m hoping the rest of the week and this weekend will be calmer! My spouse’s birthday is in just a few days and I’m always excited about my loved ones’ special days, even though our celebrations are typically just quiet family dinners at home. I got some really fun Mother’s Day gifts, including a horror movie-themed “diamond painting” kit that I’ve been having a lot of fun working on while listening to audiobooks this week!
I didn’t think I had read much of anything since last week’s post, so I was surprised when I checked my tracker and realized I finished three books this week! Two were great, while one was a pretty big disappointment.
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride // Roshani Chokshi ⭐⭐
- Our Own Unique Affliction // Scott J. Moses ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
I’m hoping to knock out a couple of these over the next few days! I need to finish Looking Glass Sound today because I have a group chat about it tonight, and then I’d really like to finish Addie LaRue next.
📚 current reads 📚
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 67%
- Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women // Lee Murray & Geneve Flynn → 22%
- The Fragile Threads of Power // V.E. Schwab → 11%
- Dracula Daily // Matthew Kirkland & Bram Stoker → 4%
- Looking Glass Sound // Catriona Ward → 52%
- Shutter // Courtney Alameda → 24%
Yesterday was one of those days where I just needed to veg out for a bit, so we watched [REC], which I hadn’t seen in years and my spouse had never seen. It was just as good as I remembered! I miss the found footage horror film “boom” lol.
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥