It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I’ve been doing “WWW Wednesday” posts for a while, but posting it on a specific day every week doesn’t always work for me, and I wanted to switch things up a little, so I’m changing these over to a “weekly check-in” where I’ll talk about what I’m reading, what I’ve finished reading lately, a little life update, and maybe some other non-bookish stuff like movies I’ve watched or games I’m playing a lot of! (It also gave me a good excuse to play around with a new graphic art pack I bought!)
What the heck… how is it JUNE?! This has been a pretty good, somewhat busy week, but I’m on a major reading kick and that has felt AWESOME. The Books Out of the Blue discord server started our first bi-annual bingo event yesterday, and it’s off to a fantastic start! Beyond that, I don’t have much of an update other than to say that we got some good news on some personal health-related things with a family member this week that was really relieving, my son got a trampoline as an early birthday gift from my parents and he’s in love with it, and I’m excited about the beginning of Pride month! 🥰
3 novels in one week is great compared to my normal reading speeds lately!
- The Ruins // Scott Smith (REVIEW)
- Summer’s Edge // Dana Mele (REVIEW)
- Fangirl, Vol. 2 // Rainbow Rowell (DNF)
- Grown // Tiffany D. Jackson
I started a lot of new reads, yeah, but I’m past the point of sweating it right now because mood reading seems to be doing me some favors lately and I know I’ll come back to those other current reads sooner or later! I also set aside Delilah Green Doesn’t Care because I realized that, while I’m sure I’ll love it later, I’m not in a contemporary romance mood right now!
- The Shadow of the Gods // John Gwynne → 14%, last updated May 3
- Vespertine // Margaret Rogerson → 20%, last updated Feb 12
- A Court of Silver Flames // Sarah J. Maas → 6%, last updated March 2
- Queen of Teeth // Hailey Piper → 8%, last updated May 2
- Furiously Happy // Jenny Lawson → 74%, last updated May 30
- Hide // Kiersten White → 5%, last updated May 9
- Her Soul for Revenge // Harley Laroux → 37%, last updated May 28
- Dustborn // Erin Bowman → 21%, last updated May 30
- Screams From the Dark // edited by Ellen Datlow → 5%, last updated May 29
- Sleeping Giants // Sylvain Neuvel → 11%, last updated June 1
Other than reading and working, I don’t really have much to report here this week! I guess I could tell you about how my son was introduced to the Resident Evil movies because he loves zombies, and now he’s obsessed with those, so I’ve re-watched a few of them in the past week. 😂 Other than that, and playing a little Fortnite, I don’t have anything exciting to say about non-bookish media in my life right now.
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥
I saw your Goodreads update that you’re reading Sleeping Giants and thats one of my all time favorites! Are you listening to the audio or reading the print? I’ve been tempted to do a reread of that series and seeing you reading it might just push me to do that reread LOL!
I’m reading the print version! It’s good so far! I’m about 100pg in. 🙂
I’m glad to hear your enjoying it 😀
Rub some of your reading kick on me!
Haha I’m sending you lots of good reading vibes!!!
Love your huge stack of Currently Reading. Furiously Happy was amazing, what do you think of it?
Furiously Happy was INCREDIBLE! I absolutely adored it! 😀