It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I’ve been doing “WWW Wednesday” posts for a while, but posting it on a specific day every week doesn’t always work for me, and I wanted to switch things up a little, so I’m changing these over to a “weekly check-in” where I’ll talk about what I’m reading, what I’ve finished reading lately, a little life update, and maybe some other non-bookish stuff like movies I’ve watched or games I’m playing a lot of! (It also gave me a good excuse to play around with a new graphic art pack I bought!)
It was a really good week in our home! We had a few good things happening with my spouse (they got a better work schedule that starts next week, along with a few other good things working out for them), we had a few cozy rainy days, I got a lot of extra work done yesterday which means I get to start my weekend a little early this week, I fixed my sleep schedule, and in general it’s just been a nice past few days. ♥
I finished two of my reads, including one buddy read that I had fallen behind on, which helps me work towards my June goal of catching up on all of my buddy reads!
I’m slowly but surely lowering this number, yay! I set aside Vespertine – I was LOVING it, but I needed to re-start it because I had set it down for a while (I just got distracted by other things), and then when I found out Caro hadn’t read it yet, we decided to read it together in July! I’m just putting it back on my TBR shelf until our buddy read.
- The Shadow of the Gods // John Gwynne → 14%, last updated May 3
- A Court of Silver Flames // Sarah J. Maas → 6%, last updated March 2
- Queen of Teeth // Hailey Piper → 8%, last updated May 2
- Hide // Kiersten White → 5%, last updated May 9
- Dustborn // Erin Bowman → 21%, last updated May 30
- Screams From the Dark // edited by Ellen Datlow → 5%, last updated May 29
- Sleeping Giants // Sylvain Neuvel → 48%, last updated June 6
- The Many Half-Lived Lives of Sam Sylvester // Maya MacGregor → 31%, last updated June 7
A new Fortnite season started over the weekend, so I’ve been playing that a fair bit, and a new season of the Netflix game show The Floor is Lava came out last Friday. 😂 My 5-year-old son is OBSESSED with the show, so he’s been very excited about the new episodes lol! If you haven’t seen it and you like silly game shows, it’s actually pretty entertaining and our whole family has gotten into it. 😂
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥