It’s time for a weekly check-in!
It’s been another good week! Unfortunately, I didn’t get the job I mentioned applying for last week, but I’m hoping something better is on its way. Other than that, we’ve been spending a LOT of time outdoors as a family, the kitties have been full of shenanigans, and best of all, today marks 8 years since my spouse and I started dating! 🥰🥰🥰
This was a slower reading week than last week, but I spent most of my reading time this week working on House of Earth and Blood, and she thicc. I’m also gonna address the shocker in this list and say I’m devastated by how much the new Eric LaRocca book didn’t work for me, but I’ll have a review post up tomorrow explaining my thoughts, or you can click the title below and see my review on Goodreads now.
- The Visitor: A Graphic Novel // K.A. Applegate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Wanted: Bone-White Skull-Patterned Lace Trim // Kelsea Yu ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (no cover image)
- Everything the Darkness Eats // Eric LaRocca ⭐⭐
- The Faint of Heart // Kerilynn Wilson ⭐⭐⭐
- Hide: The Graphic Novel // Kiersten White ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I have got to polish off some of these so I can work on the rest of my June TBR and try to finish some more Spring TBR reads before summer gets here! I can’t believe I’m almost done with House of Earth and Blood. It’s been incredible (and heartbreaking) and I can’t wait to see how it ends! Also, I started Fourth Wing right before bed last night and it was so hard to put it down and go to sleep after just a little bit, because it immediately sucked me in!
📚 current reads 📚
- Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women // Lee Murray & Geneve Flynn → 22%
- The Fragile Threads of Power // V.E. Schwab → 11%
- Dracula Daily // Matthew Kirkland & Bram Stoker → 8%
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 40%
- Jurassic Park // Michael Crichton → 8%
- Fourth Wing // Rebecca Yarros → 4%
Isaac is suddenly on a Pokemon kick and has been watching the anime incessantly, which is unexpected, but fun 😅 I keep thinking I should get back into watching movies on my computer while I work, and then that would give me the option to update you all with something that isn’t just Isaac’s current obsession, but then I end up getting sucked into whatever he’s watching and, well… 🤷♀️
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥