It’s time for a weekly check-in!
It’s been another pretty good week! It was a quiet week and I don’t really feel like much of anything happened, and honestly, those weeks are the best kind sometimes. I hope you’re all having a good week, too!
Three novels and a novella in a week — I think this might be the most I’ve read in one week in months! I feel really good about it, too!
- Dustborn // Erin Bowman (REVIEW)
- Sleeping Giants // Sylvain Neuvel (RTC)
- The Many Half-Lived Lives of Sam Sylvester // Maya MacGregor (REVIEW)
- The Visible Filth // Nathan Ballingrud (REVIEW)
I managed to knock a few things off of this list, but I also started two new buddy reads. I’m really hoping this list is shorter next week, especially since I’m halfway through two books!
- The Shadow of the Gods // John Gwynne → 14%, last updated May 3
- A Court of Silver Flames // Sarah J. Maas → 7%, last updated June 14
- Queen of Teeth // Hailey Piper → 8%, last updated May 2
- Hide // Kiersten White → 5%, last updated May 9
- Screams From the Dark // edited by Ellen Datlow → 5%, last updated May 29
- Sundial // Catriona Ward → 71%, last updated June 15
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism // Grady Hendrix → 49%, last updated June 14
I’ve done pretty much nothing but read, work, and cuddle kittens over the past week, so I don’t have much to report here! I did try a very anticipated new game last night, Little Witch in the Woods, but unfortunately I didn’t care much for the gameplay or the controls and actually abandoned it pretty quickly. I’m really glad I was able to try it on GamePass and didn’t buy it through Steam since it wasn’t my cup of tea, but I will say it was super cute and I feel like a lot of people will like it! (I think it has “very positive” reviews on Steam right now)
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥