It’s time for a weekly check-in!
Hi, friends! It’s been another busy week, and I’m actually typing most of this post up pretty early in the week because the 22nd, when this goes live, is Isaac’s 7th birthday! We’re so excited and we’re spending the day taking a family trip to a fun interactive science museum a few hours away. (It was going to be a theme park day, but alas, the rain~ Thankfully, he’s just as excited about this new plan instead!)
I’ve been in a major audiobook mood this week, and I powered through quite a few TBR titles! I had a blast reading House of Earth and Blood with Misty, and I can’t wait for us to continue the series together next month. Oh, and Carmilla is an absolute must-read for any gothic horror/romance lover, and I adored it (and was stunned by how GAY it was)! ♥
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Sleep Tight Motel // Lisa Unger → ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- There’s a Giant Trapdoor Spider Under Your Bed // Edgar Cantero → ⭐⭐
- Summer Frost // Blake Crouch → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Parasyte, Vol. 1 // Hitoshi Iwaaki → ⭐⭐⭐
- Quietly Hostile // Samantha Irby → ⭐⭐⭐
- Carmilla // J. Sheridan Le Fanu → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Briardark // S.A Harian → ⭐⭐⭐💫
📚 current reads 📚
Focusing on all of the other short reads (and Briardark) means I spent no time at all this week working on my other current reads — oops lol. I’m hoping to knock out at least one of these before Saturday, when I’ll be starting a buddy read of Nightbitch with Sadie!
- Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women // Lee Murray & Geneve Flynn → 22%
- The Fragile Threads of Power // V.E. Schwab → 11%
- Dracula Daily // Matthew Kirkland & Bram Stoker → 8%
- Jurassic Park // Michael Crichton → 12%
- Fourth Wing // Rebecca Yarros → 4%
I started Little Lives over for the 4th time this week and promptly got sucked into it for a solid 6 or 7 hours without taking a break, which reminded me that it’s one of those games I can NOT play casually. 😂 They’ve updated a lot since the last time I played it and it’s definitely a better quality game now than it was 6 months ago!
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥