It’s time for a weekly check-in!
Can I just say that I am SO tired of summer already? To be fair, where I live, it starts getting hot in April and stays hot until mid-October or later, so I have a while to go until we get the temps that I like, but I just want to curl up in a soft sweater with a cup of cocoa and breathe in the crisp, fall air. 😭 That’s my TED talk for today.
Anyways, it was a good week! My son’s birthday was last week and it went well. It threw me off-schedule for a few days so I didn’t get as much reading done over the past week as I have been lately, and I fell a little off track with bookstagram, etc., but I did write a TON of reviews and have blog posts scheduled for the next few weeks, so that’s exciting. I don’t remember the last time I was writing posts this far in advance!
Like I said, not a lot of reading happened over the past week!
- Mapping the Interior // Stephen Graham Jones (RTC)
- Absolutely phenomenal, just like everything else I’ve read by SGJ.
My currently-reading number is creeping back up right now, but that’s because I wanted to at least start all of my top priority June TBR books before the month ends. I know it may sound counterproductive to do this instead of just rolling them over to my July TBR, but I’ve found that, for some reason, this seems to work better for my brain sometimes. 🤔
I also set aside The Death of Jane Lawrence, which I’m calling a tentative DNF for now, because I’m not sure if I was into it enough to try it again later.
- The Shadow of the Gods // John Gwynne → 14%, last updated May 3
- A Court of Silver Flames // Sarah J. Maas → 7%, last updated June 14
- Hide // Kiersten White → 5%, last updated May 9
- Screams From the Dark // edited by Ellen Datlow → 5%, last updated May 29
- Anybody Home? // Michael J. Seidlinger → 13%, last updated June 20
- Hell Followed With Us // Andrew Joseph White → 11%, last updated June 20
- Book Lovers // Emily Henry → 29%, last updated June 26
- This is How You Lose the Time War // Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone → 27%, last updated June 25
- Book of Night // Holly Black → 6%, last updated June 26
- Broken Beautiful Hearts // Kami Garcia → 9%, last updated June 27
- Square³ // Mira Grant → 15%, last updated June 28
- Just Like Mother // Anne Heltzel → 4%, last updated June 28
I think I’ve hit a gaming slump, which kind of sucks because my last big gaming slump lasted 3 years and because of that, it makes me nervous whenever this happens! This one has been going on for a couple of weeks now and I’m hoping it’ll pass soon.
On a happier note, last night my spouse and I started watching The UnXplained on Netflix (hosted by William Shatner), and we watched a few episodes of that before making ourselves turn it off and go to bed. It’s a docuseries about bizarre stuff (like cryptids, weird architecture, etc.) and I love documentaries about weird real-world stuff, so this has been really fun so far!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥
My currently reading list stays Judging me 😭
Heeeey, I’m not alone! 🤣
I’m definitely in a lengthy gaming slump right now and it’s a bummer!
I’m so sorry you’re in a gaming slump! 😭 I hope it passes soon for you!
It’s ok! Give me more time to read 🙂 But thank you!