It’s time for a weekly check-in!
Is July seriously halfway over? Is this real life?
This month is flying by! I’m so behind on my goals for the month, but I’ve been so busy this summer that I can’t even act surprised. It feels like every single day that I’m off work is a day spent running errands or spending time at the theme/water park with the kiddo, and I’m worn out, but it’s a good kind of exhausted. I’ve gotten to have so much awesome family bonding time this summer. 🥰 And honestly, that’s so much more important than my TBR!
I read a whole slew of graphic novels this week! I had a bunch of leftovers from last month’s Graphicsathon TBR that were overdue at the library (thank goodness my region went fines-free, lol!), and I wanted to get those taken back.
- The Complete Maus // Art Spiegelman ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Legacy of Violence, Vol. 1 // Cullen Bunn ⭐⭐
- Our Wives Under the Sea // Julia Armfield ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- Creepy Creatures // R.L. Stine ⭐⭐
- Creepy Cat, Vol. 2 // Cotton Valent ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Creepy Cat, Vol. 3 // Cotton Valent ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dinosaurs Before Dark // Mary Pope Osborne & Jenny Laird ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Knight at Dawn // Mary Pope Osborne & Jenny Laird ⭐⭐⭐
- Mummies in the Morning // Mary Pope Osborne & Jenny Laird ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Pirates Past Noon // Mary Pope Osborne & Jenny Laird ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Chained // Matt Shaw ❌ DNF ❌
- Mr. Goodnight // Kealan Patrick Burke ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess // Cassandra Clare & Hye-Kyung Baek ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
📚 current reads 📚
I finally accepted defeat to my mood reading brain and put two of my current reads back on my TBR until I’m in the mood for them (Fragile Threads of Power and Pretty Girls), but I’m really hoping I can pick them both back up within the next few weeks. In the meantime, I started a buddy read of House of Sky and Breath with Misty and Prachi and started the True Crime Book Club BOTM, Sex Cult Nun!
- Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women // Lee Murray & Geneve Flynn → 22%
- Dracula Daily // Matthew Kirkland & Bram Stoker → 22%
- Fourth Wing // Rebecca Yarros → 4%
- House of Sky and Breath // Sarah J. Maas → 41%
- Sex Cult Nun // Faith Jones → 27%
We finished S1 of Wednesday and I adored it! I thought the season finale was amazing (though a little devastating!) and I’m really excited for S2. I hope we get a release date soon! We also watched the new Super Mario Bros. Movie this week, which I thought was okay. I didn’t have very high expectations tbh, but I did really like Jack Black as Bowser and I liked how much agency Peach got as a character, plus the easter eggs were fun.
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥