It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I’m not even sure where the last week went? I feel like I blinked and suddenly it’s mid-September and I have no idea what happened. 😰 We did some more home re-decorating, including painting the living room and re-arranging some furniture, and I went on way too many trips to run errands (I could contentedly stay home for at least the next 3 weeks straight, thank you), and I watched a bunch of movies with my family… otherwise, I don’t think much happened!
September has been full of such high ratings for me so far! I’ve had nothing but 4 and 5-star reads for the past 2 weeks and I keep worrying that the trend has to stop eventually, right? 😂 Anyways, How to Be a Good Creature was a buddy read with Malli, Black Tide was a BR with Ashley, and Only Human was a BR with Misty! 😍
- Garlic and the Vampire (RE-READ) // Bree Paulsen ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- How to Be a Good Creature // Sy Montgomery ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Black Tide // K.C. Jones ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Girl from the Other Side, Vol. 1 // Nagabe ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Spy x Family, Vol. 8 // Tatsuya Endo ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Garlic and the Witch // Bree Paulsen ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Only Human // Sylvain Neuvel ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
All 3 of this week’s priority reads are buddy reads I’ve been slacking on and need to finish up, or catch up with my BR partners on!
📚 priority reads 📚
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 61%
- The Final Girl Support Group // Grady Hendrix → 15%
- Sea of Thieves: Athena’s Fortune // Chris Allcock → 37%
📚 total current reads: 14 📚
We’ve been watching a lot of movies lately! I’ve been introducing Isaac to a few that he’s old enough now or that I think he’ll like (he enjoyed The Mummy, I win), and I’ve been re-watching some old favorites… but I also finally watched Labyrinth for the first time, and it sadly did NOT go well lol. I’m not a fan of puppets at all and the constant cackling and screaming gave me a terrible headache. 😭 It’s never fun to dislike a popular piece of media when I know a few of my friends were really hoping I’d love it, but it is what it is. 💔
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥