It’s time for a weekly check-in!
This week has been flying by, mostly because I’ve been super busy, and today is another busy day… but tonight is date night: my spouse and I are going to go see Saw X and I can’t wait!! This will be our first movie in theatres since pre-COVID and even before the pandemic, we didn’t go to the movies very often, but I LOVE the Saw movies and I’m so excited that Tobin Bell is going to play a major part in this one. 🥳🥳🥳
Lots of quick reads and audiobooks again this week! I had mostly a lot of great reads, though I’m sad to say Camp Damascus was probably one of my biggest disappointments of the year so far — I just found it so boring! 😭
- We Need to Do Something // Max Booth III → ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- Asylum of Shadows // Stephanie Ellis → ⭐⭐⭐💫
- Dead Voices // Katherine Arden → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Kingdom of the Cursed // Kerri Maniscalco → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Camp Damascus // Chuck Tingle → ❌ DNF ❌
📚 current reads 📚
I feel like I’m getting back to that point where I want to start liberally DNFing things. 🙈 I had better make some decisions because I really want to go into October with only a few current reads so I can start on my October TBR without feeling too overwhelmed!
- Out There Screaming: An Anthology of New Black Horror // Jordan Peele → 46%
- Never Whistle at Night: An Indigenous Dark Fiction Anthology // Shane Hawk & Theodore C. Van Alst Jr. → 25%
- Starling House // Alix E. Harrow → 21%
- Off Season // Jack Ketchum → 23%
- Rule of Wolves // Leigh Bardugo → 49%
- Drowning // T.J. Newman → 16%
We finished the current season of One Piece last night and I freaking loved it! I already want to re-watch it. Can we please have season 2 right now?! 😭
Feel free to friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥