It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I’m finishing this post at 4:30 in the morning because everything has been sheer CHAOS this entire month and I needed one night to stay up late and read and catch up on things, plus my sleep schedule is wrecked from pushing myself too hard for the past 9 days straight, resulting in a very long nap today. 😅 I regret nothing, but I might feel differently when my alarm goes off. Seriously though, this month has been absolutely wonderful but it’s also been the busiest month I’ve had since 2019, if I had to guess, and I am absolutely EXHAUSTED. I just need a few days to sleep. Also, how is it already 2/3 of the way through October?! Who allowed this?! 😭
My October reading continues to be a roller coaster! I loved The Last Haunt and The September House (TSH might end up in my top 5 faves of 2023), but There’s No Way I’d Die First was probably one of the worst things I’ve read all year. 😅 I hated it so much. You can click the title to see my rant review on Goodreads, or wait until next week and I’ll probably post it on this blog.
- The Last Haunt // Max Booth III → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The September House // Carissa Orlando → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- There’s No Way I’d Die First // Lisa Springer → ⭐💫
📚 current reads 📚
Uh oh, I’m back up to 8 current reads. 😬 Plus I’m starting Partying With Pixies today AND I meant to start The Book of Witches last night, but I’ll start that today instead. The good news, though, is that half of these are audiobooks and I’m thinking I can hopefully finish at least 2 or 3 this weekend. 🤞
- Out There Screaming: An Anthology of New Black Horror // Jordan Peele → 50%
- Starling House // Alix E. Harrow → 21%
- Rule of Wolves // Leigh Bardugo → 69%
- Drowning // T.J. Newman → 66%
- Hollow // Karina Halle → 12%
- The Haunting of Hill House // Shirley Jackson → 28% (RE-READ)
- House of Hollow // Krystal Sutherland → 58%
- The Prettiest Girl in the Grave // Kristopher Triana → 26%
We finally watched NOPE and it was just as delightful as you all said it was. ♥👽
Feel free to friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥