It’s time for a weekly check-in!
How the hell is October almost over?! I did not give this month permission to go by so quickly. 😭 I’m excited that Halloween is in a few short days, though, and November is usually a much quieter month in my home than October or December, so I’m hoping to get some downtime to relax at home and watch movies and read lots of books. 😅 This week was quieter than the rest of the month, but I still don’t think I’ve fully recuperated from the non-stop family outings. Also, yesterday was my and my spouse’s wedding anniversary, so we went out for a date night and an underground cave ghost tour earlier this week that was SO much fun!
Finally, a week of mostly enjoyable reading! 🥳 This was the best reading week I’ve had all month as far as star ratings go.
- The Haunting of Hill House // Shirley Jackson → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (RE-READ)
- House of Hollow // Krystal Sutherland → ⭐⭐⭐💫
- The Prettiest Girl in the Grave // Kristopher Triana → ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- Rule of Wolves // Leigh Bardugo → ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Do Not Go in That House // Ruth Anna Evans → ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
📚 current reads 📚
Hey, I’m back down to 6 current reads! 🥳 I’m hoping to finish Partying with Pixies and All Hallows today, and then I REALLY want to finish all 4 of the others by this time next week. 😬
- Out There Screaming: An Anthology of New Black Horror // Jordan Peele → 50%
- Starling House // Alix E. Harrow → 21%
- Drowning // T.J. Newman → 66%
- Capturing the Devil // Kerri Maniscalco → 62%
- Partying With Pixies // Hazel Mack → 49%
- All Hallows // Christopher Golden → 28%
We’re a few days behind on our “31 days of horror” list for the month because we’ve been so busy, but we did watch some pretty memorable ones over the past week — some were memorable in a good way, like The Boogeyman, while others were memorable in a… not so good way, like Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey. 😂
Feel free to friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥