It’s time for a weekly check-in!
Woooow, how the heck is it November? I mean, today’s November 3rd but I still keep catching myself thinking of it as October. 😂 I feel like the end of the year is sneaking up on me even more than usual and I have so much I want to do before 2022 ends!
Out of last week’s priority reads, I finished one and DNFed two! Both of the DNFs just felt like “not for me” reads and I’ll probably give Frightmares another try sometime since I loved that author’s debut book so much. I read a LOT over the past week!
- The Ghosts That Haunt Me // Steve Ryan ❌DNF❌
- Frightmares // Eva V. Gibson ❌DNF❌
- Shadow in the Woods and Other Scary Stories // Max Brallier ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Titan // Jillian Graves ⭐⭐💫
- Cat + Gamer, Vol. 2 // Wataru Nadatani ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Bound Feet // Kelsea Yu ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (REVIEW)
- The Girl from the Other Side, Vol. 2 // Nagabe ⭐⭐⭐
- Earthdivers #1 // Stephen Graham Jones ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Final Girl Support Group // Grady Hendrix ⭐⭐⭐💫
- Demon in the Wood // Leigh Bardugo ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- They Were Here Before Us // Eric LaRocca ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (REVIEW)
- Black Paradox // Junji Ito ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
For now, this section every week will be dedicated to the 3 books that I have the least pages remaining in!
📚 priority reads 📚
- Return to the Black Farm // Elias Witherow → 139pg left
- Found: An Anthology of Found Footage Horror Stories // Andrew Cull & Gabino Iglesias → 244pg left
- The United States of Cryptids // J.W. Ocker → 255pg left
📚 total current reads: 16 📚
Our “31 Days of Horror” movie marathon came to an end, and we did end up watching the full 31 movies throughout the month! It’s such a fun tradition and I already can’t wait for next year. A few highlights of the last week were a re-watch of Teeth (which I enjoyed even much more than I remembered), a re-watch of The Taking of Deborah Logan (which is a favorite), and our annual Halloween Trick ‘r Treat re-watch (which NEVER gets old!).
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥