It’s time for a weekly check-in!
This week’s been quite the mixed bag. For reasons unknown to me, my mental health has mostly been in the shitter all week, BUT I’ve been absolutely powering through my Graphicsathon TBR… so at least there’s that? 😅 No, really, I’m fine (well enough to joke about it, at least!), just dealing with some depression and irritability this week and I wish I knew why. Maybe it’s all the rainy, dreary days we’ve had lately! I love rainy days normally, but these have been those super sleepy sorts of rainy days and they do make me feel a bit off-kilter. I think I’m going through a bit of a chronic pain/illness flare-up as well, so hopefully that will pass soon and the rest of the week will be better. 🤞 (At the time that I’m finishing up this post on Tuesday night, I’m feeling pretty swell, so I’m REALLY hoping I’m on the upswing!)
Are you prepared? I was not prepared. 😅 I pulled up my spreadsheet and went, “Wait, I read how many graphic novels since last week???”
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies // John Boyne ❌ (DNF review)
- Earthdivers #2 // Stephen Graham Jones ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Gender Queer: A Memoir // Maia Kobabe ⭐⭐⭐
- Sanity & Tallulah // Molly Brooks ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- Shiver // Junji Ito ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Sea in You // Jessi Sheron ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Strange Fruit, Vol. 1 // Joel Christian Gill ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- In Limbo: A Graphic Memoir // Deborah Jung-Jin Lee ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hungry Ghost // Victoria Ying ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dinosaur Therapy // James Stewart ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- InvestiGators // John Patrick Green ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
- I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3 // Skottie Young ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 4 // Skottie Young ⭐⭐⭐
- The Love Report // BeKa ⭐⭐
- The Oracle Code // Marieke Nijkamp ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Librarian of Auschwitz: The Graphic Novel // Antonio Iturbe & Salva Rubio ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve spent the past couple of months devoting this section to whatever 3 books I had the least pages left in, and now I think it’s time to switch back to highlighting my 3 top priority picks for each week! This Savage Song, Lost in the Moment and Found, and The Good Girl’s Guide to Rakes are all buddy reads I’d like to finish this week.
📚 priority reads 📚
- This Savage Song // V.E. Schwab → 15%
- Lost in the Moment and Found // Seanan McGuire → 33%
- The Good Girl’s Guide to Rakes // Eva Leigh → 6%
📚 total current reads: 12 📚
We watched a few more episodes of Cabinet of Curiosities and I love it so far! I think the only episode I’ve actively disliked was “The Outside” (I think it’s ep 4, about the lotion), but otherwise I’ve really enjoyed them all, especially “The Autopsy”! I’m excited to watch the last few episodes, hopefully this weekend!
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥