It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I can’t believe it’s about to be 2023! Like most people, I’m not a big fan of “the week that isn’t real”, AKA the week between Christmas and New Year’s, so I’m honestly kind of excited that the week is coming to an end and I’m looking forward to starting off a new month and year, especially since I have some really nice goals in mind (most or all of them revolving around self-care in some way) AND I have a new bullet journal and reading journal to start using Sunday!
I hope you all have an amazing last couple of days of 2022 and that 2023 brings you only good things. Thank you so much for being part of my bookish family! ♥
This week was definitely a mood reading-focused week and I loved it (as you can probably guess from the high ratings!).
- The Weight of Blood // Tiffany D. Jackson ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Quest for Snacks // Susie Yi ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Pestilence // Laura Thalassa ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Clockwork Prince (graphic novel) // Cassandra Clare & Hye-Kyung Baek ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This post is a little later in the week than I planned it to be, but that’s because I wanted to give myself a bit of extra time to work on lowering my number of current reads! I’ve accepted that I am definitely not clearing my “currently reading” shelf by January 1st, but I did make some good progress and I have a couple of days left, so hopefully, I can keep whittling away at it.
Since one of my 2023 goals is to read 6 or less books concurrently, I’ll keep using this section to show all of my current reads until I can get down to that number (and maybe afterward, too, since having the limit would make this section shorter again lol).
📚 current reads 📚
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 71%
- Wolfsong // T.J. Klune → 42%
- Kingdom of the Cursed // Kerri Maniscalco → 23%
- The United States of Cryptids // J.W. Ocker → 52%
- Empire of the Vampire // Jay Kristoff → 4%
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires // Grady Hendrix → 35%
- Alice // Christina Henry → 23%
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher → 16%
- In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night // Andrew Lennon & Evans Light → 43%
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 15%
- Book Lovers // Emily Henry → 34%
📚 total current reads: 11 📚
I’ve been in a docuseries mood lately, so I watched all of season 3 of Haunted, which was pretty fun. I also watched an episode of I Am a Killer with my spouse, and it piqued my interest enough that I think I’ll add the rest of it to my watchlist!
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥