WWW Wednesday is hosted by Taking On a World of Words. It’s a meme that takes place every Wednesday, where the posters discuss 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
I had soooo many goals for this past week of reading, but starting my new job has taken me some time to adjust and feel normal again, so I haven’t done much but work, clean, sleep, and play with my son. I’m not going to beat myself up over it, but I do hope to do better next week! Here’s what I’m reading:
- Even If I Fall — 20%
- Darkfever — 20%
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (illustrated ed.) — REREAD — 6%
Like I said, I haven’t read much in the last week—just one short story collection, a poetry collection, and a manga:
- Darkest Hours — Mike Thorn ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Manga Classics: The Count of Monte Cristo ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- soft magic. — Upile Chisala ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Despite not finishing much, well… 2019 has quickly become The Year of DNFing for me. I DNFed a few things over the last week, and they were all ones I DNFed too quickly to rate, such as:
- The Traitor Prince — C. J. Redwine
- Parasite Life — Victoria Dalpe
- You Are Here — Dawn Lanuza
I also DNFed a couple of graphic novels and poetry collections that I don’t have on my Goodreads shelves, so I can’t remember which ones they were to add here, but just know that I’ve DNFed nearly a dozen books so far this year. ? This coming from the person who used to never DNF ANYTHING! I meant business when I said 2019 was gonna be my year of self-care, y’all!
I’m still working through my Late-a-thon TBR jar, but I think my goal this week is going to be to grab a stack of my overdue ARCs and read the first couple of chapters of each and see if there are any I simply don’t want to read anymore so I can remove them from my list. Otherwise, my goals are to finish all of my current reads and to start:
- The Last Olympian — Rick Riordan (buddy read with Sylwia starts tomorrow!)
- If We Were Villains — M. L. Rio (starting a BR of this with Ellyn next week!)
Otherwise, I just really want to devote some serious time to knocking out the rest of the graphic novels I have from the library. Being a librarian means no late fees now, but I still want to return them in a reasonable amount of time! ?