WWW Wednesday is hosted by Taking On a World of Words. It’s a meme that takes place every Wednesday, where the posters discuss 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
For the love of all that is holy, somebody please make me finish these before starting anything new.
- The Beast’s Heart — 39%
- You Must Not Miss — 13%
- Sorcery of Thorns — 22%
- The Dark Game — 12%
- Descendant of the Crane — 15%
- The Devouring Gray — 10%
- The Art of Losing — 38%
✨ review copy
? graphic novel/manga/poetry
? from this month’s TBR
?♀️ mood read
This was easily the best reading week I’ve had in a while! Most of it was graphic novels and manga, but I wiped out my library loans (and finally returned them) and made progress on some ARCs!
- ?♀️ Nevernight (REREAD) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Ghosts ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Be Prepared ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Bloom into You, Vol. 1 ⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Bloom into You, Vol. 2 ⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Bloom into You, Vol. 3 ⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Bloom into You, Vol. 4 ⭐⭐
- ✨ The Takeover Effect ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ All Summer Long ⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Unnatural, Vol. 1 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Moonstruck, Vol. 1 ⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Giant Days, Vol. 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ??♀️ Giant Days, Vol. 7 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ✨? Wicked Saints ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ✨? Wayward Sisters ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I also had some DNFs and “finish-me-soon”s:
- ?♀️ Women in the Walls
- This one needed to go back to another library, but my branch just got a copy in for our shelves, so I’ll check our copy out when I’m ready to continue it.
- ? Fear the Drowning Deep
- I was enjoying this, but needed to focus on ARCs and library loans instead! Definitely picking this back up to finish it ASAP.
- ?♀️ A Princess in Theory
- I was having a hard time getting into this, but I think it was my own fault for having too many current reads going at once. I’ll try it again after reading my ARC of the newest book in the series, since they don’t have to go in order.
- ✨ The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane
- This was a cute enough plot and I’m sure it will go over GREAT with the kids at my branch, but it wasn’t working for me, personally — I was just too bored.
- ✨ PERfunctory afFECTION
- This was just… bad.
Since I managed to make some serious progress on my current reads from last week, this is what I’m hoping to start next:
- How to Make Friends with the Dark
- Dreaming Darkly
- Girls on the Verge
- The Princess & the Fangirl
I’m glad the currently readings changed up a bit! I hope you’re enjoying all your current reads! I read Ghosts and thought it was really cute! It’s my favorite kind of art style!
I’m hoping that current reads section will be 100% different next week! ? I have GOT to finally finish some of these and stop putting them off to just binge read graphic novels & manga lol! Thank you 🙂 Oh same on the art! I was just talking to my coworker yesterday about how I wish there were more cutesy graphic novels with bright colors like Ghosts because it’s my fave. I am the worst about putting down a GN or manga if I don’t like the art, lol.
I recently read A Princess in Theory and… didn’t love it, but I hope you enjoy it if you give it another go!
Thank you, boo! I hope so, too. I’m a little nervous because I wasn’t feeling the writing style too much, and I’ve literally bought ALL the books in this series so far, so like… I’m gonna be sad if it turns out that Alyssa Cole’s writing just isn’t for me! 🙁
I loved these posts of you and totally impressed how you keep track of so many books….Happy Reading 🙂
Thank you! ☺️ Goodreads helps a LOT with keeping track for me. Happy reading to you, too!
Wow you had an amazing reading week
Thank you, I did! It was nice!
Wow, 15 books! I also took a break when I read A Princess in Theory. I had a hard time figuring out why it wasn’t working out for me, but I think that it had to do with the characters. I didn’t feel like I knew them so while I found them interesting and I wanted them to be happy, I didn’t absolutely love them. When I learned about the series I was told that the second book was much better so I hope we both enjoy the rest of the series.
So well said about the Princess in Theory characters! Like they were cute and all but I just didn’t have any emotional connection to either of them. That’s a huge relief to hear you say you’ve heard the 2nd book is much better – I hope we both do, too!