It’s time for another WWW Wednesday!
I’ve really enjoyed getting back into blogging lately, but I’m having a hard time remembering to post regularly. I thought getting back into the swing of WWW Wednesdays might be a good way to help me stay on track and post at least one blog post each week.
WWW Wednesday is hosted by Taking On a World of Words. It’s a meme that takes place every Wednesday, where the posters discuss 3 Ws:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
What I’m currently reading:
I sadly didn’t knock off any of my current reads over the past week, though I did make some progress on some of them and started some new things!
- The House in the Cerulean Sea: I started this in January and adored what I’ve read so far. I just somehow keep forgetting I’m reading it?
- Revenge: Another one I started a while back and keep forgetting I’m reading, despite loving it so far.
- Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter: Not sure why I haven’t finished this yet, as it’s a very quick, entertaining read!
- Stolen Tongues: I think I’m nervous that this one has been hyped too much, though I am enjoying it so far.
- When No One is Watching: This one has been delightful, but heavier than I expected it to be. I’m feeling genuine anxiety for these characters.
- Solutions and Other Problems: I was so excited for this after loving Allie Brosh so much for so long, but this has been a big disappointment so far.
- The Icepick Surgeon: I think I’ll enjoy this once I pick it back up, but the current chapter I’m on just feels long. 😂
- Come With Me: This is so, so excellent thus far and I can’t wait to continue it!
- The Anthropocene Reviewed: I have to put this one on hold until my library hold comes back in 😭
- Horrid: I’m just over halfway through this and pretty sure I could binge the rest of it in one go. I’m so invested!
- Intensity: I’m also just starting this one today, but I’m so excited to finally see what the hype is about with this book (and to read a Koontz book for the first time in about a decade!).
- Ghost Girl: I’m a couple of chapters into this and already really enjoying how atmospheric it is!
- How to Vex a Vampire: I just started this earlier today and already feel very endeared to the characters!
What I recently finished:
I’ve been doing well with my “one book per day” goal for September so far! They’ve all been short reads, but the point wasn’t to read a ton of pages so much as it was to get myself back into the habit of daily reading, and I’m feeling very proud!
- Garlic and the Vampire: Easily one of the best reads of the year so far, this was SO PRECIOUS!
- Oddball: My favorite Sarah’s Scribbles collection so far ♥
- The Banquet: A very gruesome, violent story of assault survivors getting revenge. I loved it.
- Chopping Spree: My hot streak of 5-star reads fell off here, but I still enjoyed this cheesy, 80s-homage story.
- Sea of Thieves Collection: Please give me all the chaotic, lovable bisexual pirates forever?
- Where Hope Comes From: This hopeful, optimistic, lovely poetry collection hit me at exactly the right time and I needed it.
- A is for Antichrist: I think I need to give up on this author, because this did not hit the spot.
What I’ll read next:
My main reading goal for the next week is to work on this currently-reading list, so I won’t make a “reading next” list this time!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥