It’s time for another WWW Wednesday!
I’ve really enjoyed getting back into blogging lately, but I’m having a hard time remembering to post regularly. I thought getting back into the swing of WWW Wednesdays might be a good way to help me stay on track and post at least one blog post each week.
WWW Wednesday is hosted by Taking On a World of Words. It’s a meme that takes place every Wednesday, where the posters discuss 3 Ws:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
What I’m currently reading:
I made a bit of progress on my currently-reading shelf this week, yay!
- The House in the Cerulean Sea: I started this in January and adored what I’ve read so far. I just somehow keep forgetting I’m reading it?
- Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter: Not sure why I haven’t finished this yet, as it’s a very quick, entertaining read!
- Stolen Tongues: I think I’m nervous that this one has been hyped too much, though I am enjoying it so far.
- When No One is Watching: This one has been delightful, but heavier than I expected it to be. I’m feeling genuine anxiety for these characters.
- The Icepick Surgeon: I think I’ll enjoy this once I pick it back up, but the current chapter I’m on just feels long. 😂
- Come With Me: This is so, so excellent thus far and I can’t wait to continue it!
- The Anthropocene Reviewed: I have to put this one on hold until my library hold comes back in 😭
- Horrid: I’m just over halfway through this and pretty sure I could binge the rest of it in one go. I’m so invested!
- Intensity: I’m also just starting this one today, but I’m so excited to finally see what the hype is about with this book (and to read a Koontz book for the first time in about a decade!).
- Ghost Girl: I’m a couple of chapters into this and already really enjoying how atmospheric it is!
What I recently finished:
I’m still on track with one book per day for September! I can’t believe it. I’ve read every single day for over 2 weeks now, and I haven’t been able to say that in probably a year and a half or more!
- Globcow #1 by Jeremy C. Shipp: A super cute graphic novel. I’m sad there aren’t more!
- How to Vex a Vampire by Alice Winters: A hilarious, sweet vampire/human rom-com that I loved a lot. I definitely want to pick up book 2 in the next week or two!
- Nothing but Blackened Teeth by Cassandra Khaw: One of my most anticipated releases of the year and it didn’t disappoint. So unsettling!
- In the Flesh by Kealan Patrick Burke: It had been too long since I dug into a KPB story and this was super fun.
- The Girl from the Sea by Molly Ostertag: A precious, sweet, gorgeous queer YA fantasy graphic novel about a human girl falling in love with a selkie.
- She Kills Me by Jennifer Wright: This wasn’t quite what I expected, but kind of in a good way, too? I liked how it focused on violent historical women with both bad and good motives.
- The House by Philip Sevy: A fun premise with a lackluster execution, but if you like Amityville-esque graphic novels, give it a try!
- Revenge by Yoko Ogawa: I haven’t even rated this yet because I’m at such a loss, but I think I liked it? It’s definitely not your conventional horror style.
- Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh: I loved Allie’s blog and last book, but this was a letdown.
What I’ll read next:
I’m still primarily hoping to focus on current reads, but I also need to start a group read this week for the Hoemance Book Club!
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥