It’s time for another WWW Wednesday!
WWW Wednesday is hosted by Taking On a World of Words. It’s a meme that takes place every Wednesday, where the posters discuss 3 Ws:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
What I’m currently reading:
I mentioned last week that I increased my Goodreads goal to 100, and so far, I’m not regretting that decision — I’m at 94/100 right now!
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas: re-reading this so I can finally read the newest installment!
- The Festering Ones by S.H. Cooper
What I recently finished:
I read SO MUCH this past week and I’m so happy about it! I’ve been getting my daily routine back on track after falling off for a month, and part of that routine includes reading in bed for an hour or two each night.
- You Better Be Lightning by Andrea Gibson
- This was pretty good, not great.
- Tidesong by Wendy Xu
- Also pretty good, not great.
- The Autumnal by Daniel Kraus
- The art was lovely and the plot started off strong, but it was pretty rough by the end.
- Everyone is Tulip by Dave Baker
- I hated this aside from the beautiful art.
- Stolen Tongues by Felix Blackwell
- I’ll just direct you to my review here, because I had a lot of Thoughts™️ and some pretty unpopular opinions, I think.
- Sweat and Soap, Vol. 1 by Kintetsu Yamada
- I really didn’t expect to like this, but it was SO DAMN CUTE?!
- The Backstagers, Vol. 2 by James Tynion IV
- These characters are SO SOFT AND PRECIOUS
- Cat’s Cafe by Matt Tarpley
- I expected cuteness, but I also got amazing mental health rep, and omg 🥺 I’m so soft.
- The Fire Never Goes Out by Noelle Stevenson
- This was a really interesting, good, quick-paced memoir!
What I’ll read next:
I’ve entirely given up on my November TBR at this point. 😂 A new round of the Unexpected Readathon is starting tomorrow, and I’m really excited!
- Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones: This is the book I picked for the readathon’s optional prompt, which is to read a book by an Indigenous author!
- You’ve Reached Sam by Dustin Thao: I need to read this for the Hoemance Book Club’s November pick!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥