Last month, I decided to start a mass clean-out of my Goodreads TBR shelf! Naturally, if I’m going to spend the time doing it, I figured I might as well blog about it. I’m just doing it in small chunks to keep it manageable!
If there’s anything in this list that you think I should KEEP on my TBR, please let me know why, and I’ll consider adding it back!
before purge 1: 1,536
after purge 1: 1,496
before purge 2: 1,534
- Unbury Carol — Josh Malerman
- I’ll still try Bird Box, but I’ve sadly started to realize Malerman’s writing doesn’t click with me AT ALL.
- Campfire — Shawn Sarles
- ELEMENTS: Fire — Taneka Stotts
- This sounds cool, but no library in my system has it and it’s $20+ for used copies online, so I know I’ll probably never get around to it.
- Salt — Hannah Moskowitz
- Zodiac Starforce, Vol. 1 — Kevin Panetta
- Glimpse — Jonathan Maberry
- I Will Always Write Back — Caitlin Alifirenka & Martin Ganda
- Not the Girls You’re Looking For — Aminah Mae Safi
- I hated what I read of her new book so much, I’m sorry but I just don’t want to touch anything else by her…
- Lies You Never Told Me — Jennifer Donaldson
- The Goon, Vol. 1 — Eric Powell
- Swamp Thing, Vol. 1 — Alan Moore
- This Heart of Mine — C.C. Hunter
- I’m sorry, I know a lot of my friends love this author… but I hated her latest book so much it makes me rage a little to even see her books’ covers at this point.
- Questions I Want to Ask You — Michelle Falkoff
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 — Hayao Miyazaki
- I think I’m content sticking to Miyazaki’s films for now!
- If You Could Be Mine — Sara Farizan
- I added this because I liked a short story from this author, but looking at the synopsis now actually makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. A girl planning to undergo reassignment surgery for her relationship? I don’t know, the apparent attitude seems… kind of shitty towards people who actually want to transition with the help of surgery?
- Sorcerer to the Crown — Zen Cho
- Swordspoint — Ellen Kushner
- Zero Sum Game — S.L. Huang
- An Accident of Stars — Foz Meadows
- The Turtle of Oman — Naomi Shihab Nye
- Shadow of the Lions — Christopher Swann
- Flight Season — Marie Marquardt
- The Resolutions — Mia Garcia
- In the House of the Dark of the Woods — Laird Hunt
- The Best Bad Things — Katrina Carrasco
- Coldfall Wood — Steven Savile
- How to Breathe Underwater — Vicky Skinner
- Long Lankin — Lindsey Barraclough
- Ten Thousand Thunders — Brian Trent
- This was an ARC I was sent without requesting it, and I added it to give it a try, but I wasn’t interested then and, sadly, am still not interested.
- Cold Iron — Miles Cameron
- The Chrysalis — Brendan Deneen
- Housewitch — Katie Schickel
- Graphic Classics, Vol. 7 — Gerry Alanguilan
- The Sword and the Dagger — Robert Cochran
- This was a very hesitant addition to begin with. 🤷♀️
- Tarot — Marissa Kennerson
- Next Year, For Sure — Zoey Leigh Peterson
- The Forgetting — Sharon Cameron
- Am I Normal Yet? — Holly Bourne
- Apparently there are some pretty gross ableist comments made in this. No thanks.
- A Dress for the Wicked — Autumn Krause
- Courting Darkness — Robin LaFevers
- I’d rather read the HFA trilogy before this spin-off duology!
Remaining TBR: 1,494