So, apparently only posting once every 3 months is my new norm? WHOOPS! 👀
Seriously, though… I have some thoughts, updates, and a new challenge to tell you all about! But first and foremost, I’VE MISSED YOU GUYS!
In a completely NOT shocking turn of events, the Epic No-Good Reading Slump of 2020™ continues to wreck me. But enough is enough! After only reading 2 books in the past 3 months, I’ve decided I’m taking this slump into my own hands and giving myself a reading challenge!
But first, let’s talk about my reading progress in 2021.
So far this year, I’ve only finished two books!
- A Court of Mist and Fury → 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 → Yes, another re-read of my fave. And yes, it is still my fave. ♥
- Love in the Wild → ⭐⭐⭐💫 → This is a Tarzan romance retelling, and it was alright! Very cheesy and full of insta-love, but I had fun reading it.
I’m finally getting back into reading a little bit lately, and have a few different books going!
- Long Shot → This is a new adult sports romance that I was really excited to read after hearing SO much hype for this author. I’m not hooked, but I am enjoying it so far!
- The House in the Cerulean Sea → The fact that I didn’t read this entire book in one sitting is a testament to just how awful this slump is, because I’m 25% or so through and high key obsessed.
- New Order: A Decluttering Handbook for Creative Folks (and Everyone Else) → Sometimes, a self-help or nonfiction book is exactly what I need to break a slump, so I thought I’d pick up some Spring Cleaning help!
- Peter Darling → I’ve literally just begun this and was emotional from the author’s foreword, if that tells you anything. I’m very here for queer retellings where the villain gets to be the love interest.
Now, about that reading challenge!
While I’ve been trying to give myself time to allow the reading slump to go away on its own, honestly, I’ve had enough. This slump has been going for several months now and I miss reading so badly! It’s reached the point where every single day, multiple times a day, I think to myself, “I wish I was reading right now!” and then… I just don’t? WHY??
So, as of this week, I’m challenging myself to a weekly reading challenge: 200 pages per week! I think that’s honestly a really good challenge for me, because it’s a high enough number to require some effort right now, but a low enough number that I know I can knock it out in 1-2 sittings if I need to, even with how bad my reading has been lately! And keeping up with it on a weekly basis instead of daily or monthly will allow me to have some breathing room without slacking off so much that I just forget about it until the end of the month!
I have a new planner coming in that I’m going to be using to help me, and I think I’m going to try to start posting a weekly reading update here again soon!
I’m not setting any TBR lists right now, but I do have a few books I’m especially keen on trying to pick up soon:
- A Court of Silver Flames → I mean… of course.
- Solutions and Other Problems → Every time I see this sitting on my shelf, I’m reminded that I’m dying to read it!
- Sea of Thieves: Athena’s Fortune → I’ve been so obsessed with playing Sea of Thieves over the past 9 months that I’ve decided I need more lore!
- Sea of Thieves Collection → I just bought this SoT graphic novel collection, too. No shame.
Enough about me, though — how has your reading been this year? What’s the best thing you’ve read in 2021? Played any great games lately?
Come talk to me and let me know how you’ve been doing!
— destiny ♥